GO 520 WiFi - Move maps to micro sd from the internal memory

hi . how do I move my maps to sd card. when I connect to my drive , it says you can update via wifi . But i cant get to move my maps to sd card. i have no more memory left on device.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,822 Superuser
    Hi @kennet

Install a Major manufacturers Micro SD 16gb or 32gb card into your unit and update as you would normally. The update will sort out where to load the Maps. Ie if you currently have 2 maps on the unit such as USA and Europe and an update would exceed your internal memory then it will put one map on the internal and one on the External.

When you insert the new SD card it should ask you what you want to format it for. Ie Maps or Routes .

Doug
  • WhiteSapphireWhiteSapphire Posts: 39 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    As Doug says,

But, as I discovered with my Go 60, if you're using 'My Drive Connect' you may have to manually select the destination for the map update. It's not a big issue, but it may not be obvious at first sight, however, if you are asked where you want the maps to be installed, then look at the top of the computer screen, here you will see two 'tabs' one labelled "Device" and the other labelled "Memory Card" (or something similar). Just click on the Memory card tab.

Don't worry about the old maps at this point. If you're installing an update to an existing map, the old (out of date) version will automatically be deleted during the installation process. If it's an additional map, any existing maps will be left in place.
  • BOBtheRadioHamBOBtheRadioHam Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    Found my answer in other questions.
  • CapptpatCapptpat Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Where is sd card slot on go 520?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,822 Superuser
    Hi @Capptpat

It is on the bottom edge of the unit. On my GO 5200 it is left of the serial number label. Recommend a 16 or 32GB Miro SD class 10 Card from a major manufacturer such as Sandisk or Samsung. as some cards have not worked.

Doug

Doug