How can I get around the "No Map available" problem on my Via 53? — TomTom Community

How can I get around the "No Map available" problem on my Via 53?

Cynic1947Cynic1947 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited March 4 in Map installation
I started to update my via53 by wi-fi but it failed part way through and now all I get on the screen is the "No Map Available" message followed by the "Add a Map" screen with no map options shown. I can't get to any other screen.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,109 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Cynic1947

Welcome to the Community!

I checked your device details and seems the map update was failed due to the interrupted network connection. I've now made changes in the backend to remove the partial map download so that you can start from scratch.

Please follow the steps below to apply these changes and the download will start automatically:
    • Empty the Downloads folder via the settings and click Save Settings.
    • Disconnect and reconnect the device. Check for the updates in Mydrive Connect> My Content> My Maps.
    • Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Normally when the updates are in a pending state, there can be a connection issue and the internet keeps on dropping or an unstable internet connection.

Here's the public FAQ about the same: Downloading the map on your device

Hope it helps!

Cheers, lampard

Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!