TomTom XXL — TomTom Community

TomTom XXL

olliesamsbolliesamsb Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Have 'signed up' for My Drive Connect in order to update the XXL. However message comes across stating I do not have the memory available to do the update. Appears the GPS is defunct now even with the lifetime maps updates I'd originally purchased. Presently I have built in GPS in a new car but my older vehicle still requires the use of a portable GPS. Is there no incentive for TomTom to assist old customers in replacing their 'older' GPS? I've looked and nothing under $100 available that I can see. Does not seem fair. Planned Depreciation? I'll surely have built in GPS in my next replacement auto however for now it would behoove TomTom to offer existing customers a dramatic discount on a newer model to keep customers happy and TomTom in business!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,162 Superusers
    Tomtom has said devices with lifetime maps will continue to receive them. You use Home, not MyDriveConnect, with that model.

Call support Monday but don't provide a model when prompted in order for a live agent to reply:

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,191 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @olliesamsb

Welcome to the Community!

Your XXL device already has the USA, Canada & Mexico - Lifetime Maps on it. As dhn mentioned above, you need to use TomTom HOME to update the device and not MyDrive Connect.

Cheers, lampard