Lane guidance not working — TomTom Community

Lane guidance not working

Hi sometimes the lane guidance doesn't work
Correctly anybody else have this problem

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Gus,

Welcome to the Community!

We've received some similar feedback from others as well and are investigating this. Please, report this to Customer Service so that they can add your details to help with the investigation.

Thanks, Mikko
  • GussytheGussythe Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I've had 2 trucker 6000 units that do this its a on going problem
    Hi all,

We've just released a new software update. Could you update your devices, please, and post back here if you're still experiencing this issue?

Thanks, Mikko
  • meedermeeder Posts: 168 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I will test it. Normally lane guidance would work from 1 to 5 days before a hard reset was needed so I can say something useful in a week or so.
    I'm back at work Wednesday so will try it and will report back by end of week
    Thanks, meerder and Gus! Much appreciated :D

I'll look forward to hearing your feedback :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi it only lasted 5 hours before it needed a soft reset I will try a software restore when I get chance☹️
  • Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 543 [Revered Navigator]
    Does that mean yet another bug hasn't been fixed...one that has been around for over 3 years....no surprise at all
    Sadly lane guidance works as before. After a drum-roll-reset it works up to a day or two and then you need to do another reset to get it back again.
    It's never been fixed since these devices came out. It's always been garbage
    Thanks, meeder!

I've added your info into the ticket.

Cheers, Mikko
    I made another request at the support team about this issue.
    Even with the latest firmware version the junction view stops working after a couple of days and you have to do a drumroll reset to get it back again.
  • T.boneT.bone Posts: 14 [Apprentice Seeker]
    How do u do a drum roll reset, I'm having same issues with new tomtom 520 advanced lane guidance. Does not work at all, funny how it promotes this feature on the box and on websites but doesn't work
  • bigbig Posts: 1,565 Superuser
    Hold the power button down for roughly 15 seconds. Eventually the screen will go black and the unit will restart. Release the power button at that point. You'll hear a drum roll when the unit restarts.
  • skier3000skier3000 Posts: 43 [Legendary Explorer]
    I wish TT developers will get punishment or at least pay rate reduction at every restart. May be log as improvement request?
    Hi tried the drum roll still nothing, why is nothing being done about this problem? Having seen other people issues it's been going on for many many months. Personally I think the developers are reading this forum.
    Hi this problem has always been ongoing on the new versions I don't think that it will ever be fixed so really it not be advertised with lane guidance if it doesn't work.
    Then it's trade description act needs to find out because I would like to see some compensation for selling faulty goods for all these guys on forum
  • matrixjsmatrixjs Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have had my GO 6200 for a year now and have the same lane guidance issue, it works anything from 1 day to 4 days then it stops and you have to reset to the drumroll to get it back, it’s so annoying my old GO live 1005 never had this problem.
    I have a thread on the 6200 wifi forum which is nearly 2 years old now and still lane guidance does not work for me..yes it will work sometimes for a while if you do a drum roll reset but mostly it's not working...shocking customer services too as requests for updates on the issue get ignored by tomtom staff
  • Nffc2047Nffc2047 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The new tomtom 6250 is an absolute nightmare, how can a new version be so much worse than the old one?