Lost SD card? — TomTom Community

Lost SD card?

I tried to install maps on a brand new micro sd card but it was not large enough so I bought a larger Card that works great but now the original card cannot be used anywhere else because it is formatted by the TomTom system and not recognised in windows??
I can see the device is full of tomtom files 001 ect
how can I format my brand new card to use on other devices??

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,920 Superuser
    Hi @Lesmondo

Put you micro Sd card in an adapter and insert it in a PC. Find it in you r file directory, select it and left click on it and select Format. I would suggest you do a Full Format and not a Quick Format. It should format it back to its original condition.

Doug
  • LesmondoLesmondo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tried that many times it will not allow me to delete the files or format the card, cant even use a partition manager or chkdsk or scandsk to format it has invaded my card and refuses to budge
    edited March 1
    Hi @Lesmondo

You have probably checked but is the Log Switch on the Side of the Adapter you have put the Micro SD card in set to Locked as that will stop you doing anything.

Doug
    No lock switch on micro sd
    Hi @Lesmondo

There are no lock switches on the Micro SD's but SD Adapters that you use to put in a PC SD socket usually do have them. It sounds as though you have read only in operation.

I have formatted cards taken from TT units and used them for other functions.so you should not have a problem because it has been formatted for TT.

Doug
    no card is Knackered by Tom Tom because I cant even format it in Android device and again no chance of it being locked