Why TomTomHome LAST version (2.11.5.0) doesn't allow more to modify TOOLS Advanced Preference? — TomTom Community

Why TomTomHome LAST version (2.11.5.0) doesn't allow more to modify TOOLS Advanced Preference?

In the TomTomHome PREV version (2.11.4.0) were allow to select TOOLS menu and than Preference to pop up a new window where select ADVANCED Preference to set up if do or not a backup before update process.

Now in TomTomHome LAST version (2.11.5.0) you still can select TOOLS menu and than Preference, BUT the folder ADVANCED Preference is missing. Why ?

So I wonder :
Why TomTomHome LAST version (2.11.5.0) doesn't allow as before to modify TOOLS Advanced Preference to set up if do or not a backup before update process ?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,335
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @giobia

Maybe worth a look....
    Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of tomtom Home... (Mabe usefull for End of Life TomtomDevices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall TomTom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe
    (3)… Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes
    (4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update

ATB YFM
  • giobiagiobia Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    giobia wrote: »
    Why TomTomHome LAST version (2.11.5.0) doesn't allow as before to modify TOOLS Advanced Preference to set up if do or not a backup before update process ?

@YamFazMan
    Thanks a lot for your info.

I 've already read in other post on the Forum what you has written above and I've already tried to do that : fine.

BUT I wonder it's right that now :
    -It is impossible modify TOOLS Advanced Preference withTOMTOM last version ?
    -You have to stay with TomTom prev version to have this feature ?