Charging while connected to GPS? — TomTom Community

Charging while connected to GPS?

ErnstJan79ErnstJan79 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,

I got a TomTom Runner3 and have some long hikes in the planning(60, 80 and 63 km) this is to long for my watch to be connected to GPS. I'm wondering off it is possible to charch my watch while it is connected to GPS and walk during the charche. Or (but I prefer the first option ;-) ) take a break, and set the watch in pause mode and charch then. Sommebody knows this?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    This is not realistically possible. When the watch senses a change in power state it resets, so if you plug it in mid-activity it will reset. If you start it plugged into a power bank and leave it in the whole time, letting the bank run out and naturally switch to watch battery it will not reset. However, the trick is getting the cradle to not come loose the entire time (which will cause a reset), which is likely if it is in a pack. You also will not be able to wear it, nor will you get HR. You could try taping it or something possibly, but I would practice it ahead of time. You're better off using multiple devices and joining the files together afterwards. You will still have two entries in TomTom Sports, but you can upload the joined file to anywhere else you log your activities, like Strava.