Problem with map. You cannot use this map on this device: USA_Canada_1GB-791. — TomTom Community

Problem with map. You cannot use this map on this device: USA_Canada_1GB-791.

edzieedzie Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
This is what i see on my device after updating. Unfortunately the older version is overwritten. Need help now!

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Hi @edzie

Welcome to the community!

The map has been reactivated on your device..

Just remove the existing map first using TomTom HOME and then download a fresh copy.

Regards
    Vikram
  • JONESY49JONESY49 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, I am having same issue with my maps for both Europe and US. Can you please assist?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,359
    Superuser
    Hi @JONESY49

@VikramK should be back on the forum on Monday.

Doug
    @DougLap, thank you!
    Fixed: Dumped the maps files and restored from back-up. Thank you!
  • CruiserangerCruiseranger Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    I have the same problem with the same error on my xl, can you tell me how to resolve it. Thanks
    Superuser
    edited February 15
    Hi @Cruiseranger

You will need to wait for @VikramK to come on the forum on Monday to see if he can sort the maps for you.

Doug
    That’s great, thanks Doug.
    Hi @Cruiseranger @JONESY49

Welcome to the community!

The map has been reactivated for your device. Just remove the existing map first using TomTom HOME and then download a fresh copy.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have deleted the old maps and am looking to put the new ones on, but cannot see the USA and Canada map only the Europe one.
    Can you please send me a copy of this also.
    The other thing is that the full maps will not fit on my device and it looks like I will have to download different zones depending on where I want to go.
    Can you please tell me if these zones will always appear in my TomTom home so that I can download them when needed over the years, or will they disappear.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Hi Vikram,
    I use the navigation system mainly for holidays in the USA and Europe, but will be going to Cape Town soon.
    Can you please tell me if it possible to have a South Africa map for my XL.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Hi Peter

After a soft reset on the device, could you check for updates in TomTom HOME again please?

The TomTom XL model is categorized as EOL(End Of Life) and purchasing a new map won't be possible.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Hi Vikram,
    What’s a soft reset?
    Thanks,
    Peter
    Superuser
    Hi @Cruiseranger

Turn the XL unit on and when ready to use press and hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll Sound then let button go. The unit restarts with its file system tidied up.

Doug
    Thanks Doug👍
    Hi Vikram,
    Sorry but I am having a problem loading the USA maps.
    I did what TomTom home asked and saved the maps on my computer then downloaded the northern USA and Canada map.
    I then realised eastern USA would be better for me and started to download that.
    It stopped halfway through and disconnected and now I can’t do anything with it.

Can you help please.
    Thanks,
    Peter
    Hi Vikram,
    I think I’ve managed to put the Eastern USA on, ill find out in a few months when I get to the States, so hopefully ok.
    I think that the Europe map is saved to my computer, so hopefully should be able to switch between as needed.
    Thanks for your help.
    You too Doug.
    Regards,
    Peter.
    Superuser
    Hi @Cruiseranger

To test it you should be able to select the East States map if you have loaded it okay and then it should appear on your screen. You could then try and create a route.

Doug
    Thanks Doug.
    When I turn on the unit, it seems to find the satellites ok.
    I then put a destination in and it finds things, such as points of interest etc.
    I have managed to plan a route from Staten Island to Newport RI, so hopefully everything will be ok.
    Thanks.
    Superuser
    Hi @Cruiseranger

All sounds okay so have a good trip.

Doug