TomTom Go Android, Playstore and Traffic — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Android, Playstore and Traffic

JanJansJanJans Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Dear all,

I use TomTom Go Android. But without internet access. Most of the time that works fine without traffic information.

Sometimes I want also traffic information. I enable internet access but it's never there. Normally I have Google playstore blocked with a firewall (with lot of other stuff except Go app) even with internet access. That is Today I discovered that when I give Google playstore internet access I have traffic information.

How can I get traffic information without giving Google playstore internet access or an account? (What is needed for services more that Go app?)

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,068 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Why fight it? I suggest you allow Play Store access to Internet data but then in the settings of the Play Store app you disable Auto-update of apps and so prevent all but some trivial amount of data use.
  • JanJansJanJans Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Even with auto-update off it's consuming a lot. I have very expensive prepaid internet. That's why I want to know which service should be on, at minimal.

(It's strange that when I have a valid license I need Goolge playstore to run the Go app).

Do you know what is needed minimal? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  • daark018daark018 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello!
    This month I subscribed to Tomtom GO Android app... Later I saw that traffic for Slovenia is not working. Is there something wrong or there is no traffic for Slovenia in app? Why is traffic for Slovenia in browser on PC on tomtom website and not in app?

Traffic for Croatia and Austria is working normally.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,195 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @daark018,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no Traffic coverage for Go Mobile App in Slovenia, only speed cameras. See the FAQ here: TomTom Traffic, Speed Cameras and Danger Zones coverage for the GO Mobile app

Cheers, lampard
    Interesting that Croatia is not on the list, but traffic works in app.
  • rjmustorjmusto Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard
    But that makes no sense. I am also in Slovenia and traffic info works so long as I have WiFi internet access. Once on mobile data it stops.

So common guys, this is no good. Both Google and Here Drive can do it, so surely you can too.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,195 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

I'll check this with the team and let you know once I've some more information about the traffic coverage.

Cheers, lampard
    For me it does not work neither on wifi or data. It works for Austria and Croatia, but not for Slovenia.

It's great app and i would like to use it, but without traffic it's useful.
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'll check this with the team and let you know once I've some more information about the traffic coverage.

Cheers, lampard

Do you maybe have any information if TomTom Go will support traffic in Slovenia soon?

I'm forced to use Sygic in Slovenia, which has more problems and mistakes with every update.

Cheers.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 252 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    if your using sygic and getting traffic then you should be able to get it from tom tom go, as sygic uses traffic, cameras, maps from tomtom
    It's working for Austria and Croatia, but not for Slovenia :'(
  • juresjures Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I can confirm, it works in Croatia, Austria, Italy....NOT in Slovenia. What is the point? I also have TomTom Rider 550 where traffic fro Slovenia works perfectly - so why 2 devices from TomTom and 2 different services?

Can someone give us an answer please - what is the plan with Slovenia for traffic in GO Mobile app? I am in 1 month trial period, so probably will cancel if no news.

Again:
    TomTom Rider 550 includes trafic in Slovenia
    TomTom Go Mobile app product support says Croatia is not supported - but traffic WORKS!

Whats going on??