Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• Sebastian_GSebastian_G Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    @lampard
    Hello, could you downgrade my software to 1.3.255? I have Spark2 ans I have problem with battery. I made factory reset, turned off all syncing and night mode.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,965 TomTom Moderator
    @bazwarneford You account is linked with the 1st generation of Runner watches for which there is no way to rollback the software. Unfortunately, It might be the case of a depleted battery.

@pedromsouza Your watch is already on the latest software version. Perhaps make a factory reset and start the pairing again by removing existing Bluetooth connection from your phone. Factory reset will remove any corrupted activity file from your watch which can a be the reason for the freezing of sync.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• FrankieRunner3FrankieRunner3 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard
    Hello , I factory reset my runner 3 on version 1.7.64. after that it can't connect to my IOS device. (Every time when connection shows pin code, the display will just flash back).
    Could you downgrade my runner 3 to 1.7.60 which has been working fine with the device.
    thanks
  • JasperoooJasperooo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Jasperooo wrote: »
    Dear Lampard,

Can you roll me back to one version prior to 1.7.64. My watch does not synch anymore, and actually (after unpairing, uninstall, reset etc.) does not connect/add device anymore either.

The previous version was working fine. No battery issues btw.

Thanks for the effort!

Hello Lampard,

This request is still standing. Additionally, since the new software version the synching via PC is not working anymore either.

Please put me on the previous version of the software. I have reseted the watch, uninstalled the PC software, etc.

Thanks!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers

Hello Lampard,

This request is still standing. Additionally, since the new software version the synching via PC is not working anymore either.

Please put me on the previous version of the software. I have reseted the watch, uninstalled the PC software, etc.

Thanks!

The software version would have no impact on whether it can sync by PC. If that is not working it is likely a bad dock. Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
  • JasperoooJasperooo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

Hello Lampard,

Thanks!

The software version would have no impact on whether it can sync by PC. If that is not working it is likely a bad dock. Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

Thanks for your quick reply! The pins and charger seem fine without any physical wear. When I connect the watch to the PC it, it connects, prepares to synch and updates quick GPS. but no actual synching.

Your call is this isn't a software issue but hardware related?

Thanks!
  • JCvdHJCvdH Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    @lampard

Can I please request a firmware rollback on my device.
    Current firmware version 1.7.64
    Experience battery issue. Battery is drained within a day.
    Hoping firmware roll back resolves issue.
    I have tried resetting the device as well.

Thanks
    @FrankieRunner3 Rolling back to 1.7.60 is not possible anymore and it won't help as well in case of pairing issues. I would advise you to close all the running apps on your iPhone by double-clicking Home button and drag all running apps up to exit them. Then, reset your iOS device pressing the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Once this is done, start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: iOS

@Jasperooo There seems to be a corrupted activity on your watch which is blocking the upload of the other activities to you account. Please make a factory reset on your watch and try again to see if it works.

@JCvdH Please check your PM.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• mjdesmjdes Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am on version 1.7.64 and my battery won't last through the day. It wasn't syncing with my phone either, but I forgot the device in bluetooth settings and it connected....for now.
    Please help.
  • zackbusterzackbuster Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard

Can I please request a firmware rollback on my device.
    Current firmware version 1.7.64
    Experience battery issue. Battery is drained within a day.
    Hoping firmware roll back resolves issue.
    I have tried resetting the device as well.

Thanks
  • dtberkaydtberkay Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    greetings from turkey.ı have a tomtom runner sport watch and its software version is updated to 1.7.64.but afterwards i had a battery problem.i tried factory setting but its always saying ''oops we didn't find quickgps and something got wrong try later''. could you send me a rollback to lower version?thanx
    @zackbuster Your watch is nearly 2+ years old so it might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@dtberkay Were you getting this error while making a factory reset? Does the Sports Connect completed the reset on the watch? I would suggest to make a power off reset on your watch first using the Sports Connect. Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT). This can improve the battery life on your watch.

Cheers, lampard

• RichymoRichymo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    My Spark won't hold it's battery life longer than a day since I made the latest firmware update.

Please can you advise how I revert back to the firmware edition which allowed several days battery life as I had immediately prior to applying the update.

Thanks!
  • CrotstaCrotsta Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard could I please request a roll back to 1.3.255?

I know my watch is quite old however I'd like to give it one more try as I don't think I did it properly last time I rolled back.

Thanks for your help.
  • dtberkaydtberkay Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    @zackbuster Your watch is nearly 2+ years old so it might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@dtberkay Were you getting this error while making a factory reset? Does the Sports Connect completed the reset on the watch? I would suggest to make a power off reset on your watch first using the Sports Connect. Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT). This can improve the battery life on your watch.

Cheers, lampard

Hi Again Lampard
    I made the power off reset and the other settings as you mentioned above but it didn't work. The battery is still emptying itself in 10 minutes. Have any other ideas?
  • MarijeRenskeMarijeRenske Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard could I request a software rollback to version 1.3.255 too?

My battery only lasts for about 36 hours without gps use, heart rate monitoring or any other functions. With gps use for a 2-hour training, it hardly lasts a day. I know my watch is about 2 years old, but a strong decline in battery life did occur after an update, so I think a rollback might work. I've already done a factory reset en reinstalled the app on my phone, to no avail.
  • jl6714jl6714 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi @Lampard. I have a 18 month old Runner 3 on version 1.3.204 that can barely last a day without needing a charge. Would a rollback help with the battery drain?
  • halskihalski Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi! can you please help to downgrade firmware on my runner 2 watch? I have issue with tracking my workout but only n running mode, bike works fine... I have tried factory reser several times and it didn`t helped.
    edited March 7
    @Richymo @Crotsta @dtberkay @MarijeRenske Sorry about my late reply. The watch linked to your email address is 2+ years old so it might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on your watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll lose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@jl6714 This seems weird, can you please first make factory reset on your watch and see if the latest version 1.7.64 is offered to you in Sports Connect? Once the latest software is installed, give it a test run and see if the battery holds up the charge. We've seen the battery issue occurs directly after updating the watch to 1.7.64 in some cases and can be fixed with a factory reset on it. Let us know how it goes!

@halski The downgrade of the software won't help in this case. Please do the power off reset on your watch via Sports Connect and check if this resolves the issue.

Thanks, lampard

• MarijeRenskeMarijeRenske Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard thanks for your help. Unfortunately it hasn't improved the battery life, so it will probably a depleted battery indeed. Quite a shame that a TomTom battery watch doesn't last longer though :(

Could you put me back to the newest version?
    @MarijeRenske Sorry to hear that! I've put you on the latest version which will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

• gufrisongufrison Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello! I need to downgrade my firmware version, please. I'm using version 1.7.64.
    I'm having problems with speed and rhythm (both are not working. They don't adjust properly). I did a factory reset, but didn't fix the problems.
    Can you help me??
  • SlawomirgulczynskiSlawomirgulczynski Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard
    Would you please, downgrade my software to 1.3.255? I have TT Adventurer with battery issue. Reset did not help. Thank you in advance.
  • halskihalski Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »

@halski The downgrade of the software won't help in this case. Please do the power off reset on your watch via Sports Connect and check if this resolves the issue.

Thanks, lampard

Works fine! Thanks for help.
  • wilsonwong86wilsonwong86 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi, can you please downgrade my software to 1.3.255? I have a TT Spark Music with battery issues after the 1.7.64 update. I've tried numerous resets which did not help. All sensors, night mode and lock is off as well. Thank you in advance.