Lifetime maps cannot be updated — TomTom Community

Lifetime maps cannot be updated

I recently purchased a TomTom 620 GO before Christmas 2018. The advertising by TomTom says "Lifetime Maps" - however, my recently purchased device says my map expired on 26/01/2019. How is this so? Not even a month old and map has expired. TomTom are misleading customers. How can they get away with this? This is over-the-top misleading and TomTom should fix the false advertising immediately.

Answers

• timbuktotimbukto Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I recently purchased a TomTom 620 GO before Christmas 2018. The advertising by TomTom says "Lifetime Maps" - however, my recently purchased device says my map expired on 26/01/2019. How is this so? Not even a month old and map has expired. TomTom are misleading customers. How can they get away with this? This is over-the-top misleading and TomTom should fix the false advertising immediately.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,552 Superuser
    edited February 24
    That device does indeed have lifetime maps, it is not false advertising.

Which version map do you have? You can find this in Settings -> System -> About

The latest maps are 10.20. 10.25 should be out soon.

If you have anything earlier, try to update the device. if you cannot, TomTom support can sort it out so you will receive map updates.
  • Jenny PJenny P Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    How do I get into updating my maps for a To Go 520
  • Sandman1970Sandman1970 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I contacted TomTom on Facebook about my TT, they got back to me within a day
    asked for some info regarding my device and the next time I connected my TT to my PC all was fixed. so dont worry send them a message on FB and all will be sorted.

By the way, Cheers TT