Voice Control cannot be used with your display language

Hello I have purchased a new go 5200 but cannot choose a computerised (uk) voice and so cannot use voice control. I get the above message when trying to select voice. Please help

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,552 Superuser
    @Prospecta

Where was your 5200 bought? Are you sure that you do not have either "Serena" or "Malcolm" on you device? Maybe @VikramK will pick this up and add them, otherwise contact Customer Services on Monday to arrange a special download

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Prospecta

Welcome to the community !

Added two voices-'Serena' & 'Malcolm'.You can download them when the device is connected to a WiFi connection.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • RemigasisRemigasis Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello .
    Same problem , but my device 6250
    @Remigasis

Voices added to your account so you can download them when connected to a wifi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • kyrikyri Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have the same issue with my GO620. can you please add the 2 voices? @VikramK
    thnaks
    k
    Hi Kyri

Both the voices have been added to your account.

When connected to a WiFi internet connection, you should be able to download them.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • GabicjGabicj Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I also have the same issue with my 6250. can you please add the 2 voices? @VikramK
    thnaks
    k
    @Gabicj

Welcome to the community!

Added both the voices..

Regards
    Have a question? Ask!
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited February 25
    Hi to all,
    I have just purchased a go 6200 S/N ZAxxxxx66 in Spain and having the same problem with not being able to use the voice control, no option for English ( United Kingdom) computurised voice and getting the same message on screen saying voice control can not be used with your display language. I chose language English ( United Kingdom ) country United kingdom and voice Jane ( united kingdom ) I have complained to Norauto.es to say this is misleading the consumer but as yet not heard anything back. Is there anything I can do to reslove this. Many thanks.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,814 Superuser
    Hi @cbr fireblade

Hopefully @lampard or @VikramK can sort this out but may not be until Monday. You need Serena or Malcom for English.

Keep an eye here.

Doug
    Hi @cbrfireblade

Two computer voices added to your account- Malcolm and Serena

Download them when connected to a WiFi internet connection!

Activate the voices and then test the device..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @cbrfireblade

Two computer voices added to your account- Malcolm and Serena

Download them when connected to a WiFi internet connection!

Activate the voices and then test the device..

Regards
    Vikram

cheers Vikramk, so far so good. all seems to be ok except for one thing when I ask for a route weather its here in spain or anywhere in europe the device says sorry I do not understand try again so I must be doing something wrong or need to switch something on in the settings so will figure that one out but everything else including the serena voice instructions is fine.
    Thanks again Craig.
  • gurudath4subramanyagurudath4subramanya Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I also have the same problem. Can you please add new voices for my device as well. Device - TomTom Go 6200 with S/N ZAxxxxxxx51. Model Name - 4PL60
    Hi @gurudath4subramanya

Serena and Malcolm - Two computer voices added. Please download them when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Have a question? Ask!