GPS Week Number Roll-Over — TomTom Community

GPS Week Number Roll-Over

VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
ddh5gk9tqpi3.jpg      n4sohbgnx5h6.jpg

Hello All,

The GPS Week Number Roll-over (WNRO) on 6 April 2019 may have an impact on GPS performance. If you frequently update your device there’s no need to worry!
  • Current navigation devices (Nav4) are not impacted.
  • Sports and Action devices are not impacted.
  • Some older navigation devices (Nav3 = using to MyDrive Connect and Nav2 = using HOME) may be impacted.

We have already started rolling out fixes for this last year. If you frequently update your device, you will already have installed it.

On https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/updates/ you can check if your device is impacted using your device serial number.

Without updating, these devices may experience some of the following issues:
  1. No time
  2. Frequent loss of GPS fix
  3. No GPS fix at all - navigation impossible

See also:

List of latest software versions

Tip: Expand the list by clicking the “Show previous release notes” at the bottom.

Finding the software and map version on your navigation device

Edit:

Short video: WATCH HERE

Complete video:

Regards,
Vikram

Comments

• toytomtoytom Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I have a GO5200 (nav4) when i enter my serial number it says: After 6 April 2019 your navigation system will continue to navigate but can not show the correct time and the expected arrival time. Fortunately, that is easy to solve with an update that we have prepared for you below.When I push update now I come on the website tomtom home?nav4 does not work with Home ?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    edited February 13
    Hi @toytom

I tried entering the serial number of your GO 5200 WiFi starting with 'ZB' which shows me this message

p99bswgibyim.png

Could you check again, please?

Thanks
    Vikram
    OK thanks VikramK
    I tried on the English page and there it is as you mentioned it, but on the Belgian (Flemish) page it is as I mentioned. Probably a problem on the website.
    Hi @toytom

Thank you... I will inform the team looking after this..

Regards
    Vikram :)
    @toytom

The website has been fixed..

Regards
    Vikram
    @VikramK
    I checked the Belgian page and it works OK
    How can i : Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer?
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    According to Tom Tom and renault web-site Carminat TomTom Live is required to be updated before 6 April 2019 to fix WNRO bug.

However whenever I connect to TomTom home it doesn't have any firmware updates.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108398/carminat-tomtom-live-gps-week-number-rollover-event-april-6th-2019/p1?new=1
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,967 Community Manager
    Carminat TomTom LIVE is not affected and will not require an update.
  • MaryKayMaryKay Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I received a notice and my Tom Tom requires the update for the Rollover, but I can't get the program to update when I follow the link from my email
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,194 Superuser
    Hi @Mary Kay

Please advise what model of Tomtom unit you have.

Doug
  • AJ64AJ64 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I'm having the same problem as Mary Kay.
    Both the Start 20 & Go Live 1005 have been identified as needing the Rollover update but neither show the update concerned when connect to my pc.
    TOM TOM VIA
    I entered my Serial #, then it said to Update now; when I clicked to update, there wasn't an update to install. It states my device is Up to date.
    edited February 14
    @MaryKay & @AJ64
    VikramK wrote: »

We have already started rolling out fixes for this last year.

To get as many affected users to install the fixes before April we plan to send emails encouraging users to update their device.

The update which covers the fix for the GPS roll-over was included in a firmware released last year....

HERE you can find which is the latest software version available for your device and HERE you will find the steps to check if your device is already on the latest version.

Thanks
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    The update which covers the fix for the GPS roll-over was included in a firmware released last year....
    Thanks

So why were we not told that instead of a vague "Maintenance release"?
    Secrets & lies? Ignorance? Indifference?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,085 Superusers
    Hi
    Thanks Vikram
    My NAV3 Via 120 Live & GO 825 Live... Both have Version 12.075 all good

ATB YFM
  • NJFRNJFR Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have an email advising a required GPS update has been sent but if i try updates over WIFI it says i'm up to date, this is just crazy, if i plug my 6200 to my mac it stops WIFI working and just goes on & off re wifi and doesn't get any updates, just charges it, the my drive app pops up and says update over WIFI, so basically plugging to PC just charges now, but why don't i see updates if there are some ? at least give option to use 1) the my drive app, or 2) WIFI.
    edited February 15
    Hi @NJFR

Your GO 6200 WiFi is unaffected by this!

See the first post on this topic...

Here is a website where you can confirm: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/updates/

by entering the serial number of your device.

Regards
    Vikram
  • bigbig Posts: 1,565 Superuser
    @NJFR about the other issue you mention -- wifi turning off when you plug the TomTom into your Mac: Yes, Wifi turns off on the TomTom because when plugged in to your computer via USB the TomTom uses your computer's internet instead. That way you can update even if you have no (or unreliable) WiFi.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,085 Superusers
    edited February 16
    Hi
    @NJFR

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re GO 6200 normally update using Wi-Fi... But you can also update over USB
    See Option (2) in this Post... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1623527/#Comment_1623527

ATB YFM
  • SerhioSerhio Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Writes me "After 6 April 2019, your satnav will not be able to show the correct time, estimated time of arrival, navigation and live services. Fortunately, this is easily fixed with an update we have ready for you below." but he offers nothing to update me in My Drive Connect
  • SerhioSerhio Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    START 25