Migration to a new service provider - Vanilla - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Migration to a new service provider - Vanilla

2»

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    OK, my initial list of comments/complaints:-
    1. The contrast is still terrible & difficult to read
    2. https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/ and https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories lead to the same page
    3 Only 1 unanswered question? I don't think! so https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussions/unanswered
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 629 [Supreme Pioneer]

@VikramK,

Have just composed an extensive message listing the various issues/problems, that I'm having, previewed it & then "Post-Comment" - it had TOTALLY DISAPPEARED!!

I'm NOT happy!!

:s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s

Regards,

John-Jay

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,769 Superusers
    I have to agree with everyone else, this new system is a nightmare.  How does a user post a new thread?  I see nothing in the forums like a "New Thread" or "Ask a Question" button or icon.  

Why, if you use the backspace in the text box does it actually go back a scree (default behavior for Edge, rather than deleting the prior letter?
    edited February 4

@VikramK,

Have just had to type out your name in full (after the @ sign) as I STILL do not get a drop-down list!

I'm currently using Internet Explorer as I STILL cannot log-in via my usual Firefox (v65 - latest version). Please Note, have just tried Microsoft Edge, having clicked the Sign-in Link, it took me to the Username/Password Popup - having completed that, the Web-Page went blank (& the "Tab" mentioned something about Authentication) then reappeared on the "Categories" Page - WITHOUT logging in - further attempts simply blanks the Web-Page (without the Username/Password Box) & then reappears on the "Categories Page" again!

Did eventually manage to get my Sig change (even before your update), as it just started working "by chance".

Incidentally, I notice that @Niall's "Customer Support- Phone Numbers" has lost all of its Country-Flags.

I also notice that on ANY TomTom Page (that has a Link to "Discussions forum"), despite being on an English Page, always takes you to a German Page!

EDIT:-

TOTALLY Bizarre!!

As per earlier message, I had TOTALLY lost a Post - hence the earlier message!!

tfarabaugh  message, I find that my "Lost-Post" has reappeared!!

Regards,

John-Jay

@VikramK,

Have just had to type out your name in full (after the @ sign) as I STILL do not get a drop-down list!

I'm currently using Internet Explorer as I STILL cannot log-in via my usual Firefox (v65 - latest version). Please Note, have just tried Microsoft Edge, having clicked the Sign-in Link, it took me to the Username/Password Popup - having completed that, the Web-Page went blank (& the "Tab" mentioned something about Authentication) then reappeared on the "Categories" Page - WITHOUT logging in - further attempts simply blanks the Web-Page (without the Username/Password Box) & then reappears on the "Categories Page" again!

Did eventually manage to get my Sig change (even before your update), as it just started working "by chance".

Incidentally, I notice that @Niall's "Customer Support- Phone Numbers" has lost all of its Country-Flags.

I also notice that on ANY TomTom Page (that has a Link to "Discussions forum"), despite being on an English Page, always takes you to a German Page!

Regards,

John-Jay

@VikramK,

Regards,

John-Jay

Now I'm even more confused!!

AT about 1:25pm (GMT), I composed a message, previewed it &, when I tried to send, it had vanished!!

Hence, at 1:34pm, I compose a very short message (which managed to Send), complaining about my lost message.

tfarabaugh's message & then discovered my earlier message had re-appeared - hence I finally sent it at 1:43pm. I then added an "Edit" at 1:46pm.

Just before 2:00pm, I then went out for just over an hour - arriving back about 3:20pm.

Hence, can someone please explain why it "appears" that the Forum thinks that I have re-sent my Message again at 2.20pm & then, yet again, also at 2:20pm??

Regards,

John-Jay

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,979 TomTom Moderator
    Hello all

The New Discussion button is now being made available on all pages...

@John-Jay

The @ mentions are now loading fine when you start typing the username...

The font change is probably next on the list... I will keep you posted..

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    @VikramK ,

Yes, at long last, it appears to be working!!

Any update on when TomTom will resolve the inability to log in via FireFox (which seems to ONLY affect some Users)??

Regards,

John-Jay

John-Jay wrote: »
    @VikramK ,

Any update on when TomTom will resolve the inability to log in via FireFox (which seems to ONLY affect some Users)??

Hi, @VikramK ,

This has now been sorted, thanks to @Niall in his post:- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108215/signing-in-issues#latest

Regards,

John-Jay