Bandit Camera- No Wi-Fi connection with Android 6 (Marshmallow). - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Bandit Camera- No Wi-Fi connection with Android 6 (Marshmallow).

2»

Comments

• OssyrisOssyris Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just purchased a Bandit and am experiencing exactly the same connectivity issues as described by others. Only once it did manage to connect to my Moto G4 running the latest Android 6.0 version.
    I managed to update the Bandit to what seems to be the latest OS version, but was never again able to connect, no matter which of the above tips I tried. I noticed that occasionally, my phone would report an authentication problem. But after rechecking and reentering the code, resetting Wifi on both devices several times, I dont think that I can do anything about that.
    I would very much like to keep and to use this camera, but for the moment it is 100% unusable while it cannot even connect to my phone.
  • dk2dk2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ugh. This is so disappointing. Lots of research. Shipment was delayed. Finally received my Bandit today. All excited to use. But my Moto phone with Android 6 doesn't connect. Then I find this thread.
    So frustrated. I'll have to return the camera because it's almost unusable without the phone app.
    Thanks to others who spent so much time trying to find workarounds and communicate with Motorola and TomTom. It's a pity that TomTom can't take responsibility to make this work right.
  • OssyrisOssyris Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Meanwhile I have received a message from TomTom support that there is nothing that they can do about the problem.
    The problem is still present with Android 7.
  • dk2dk2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I wonder if I can return it without them charging me a 15% re-stocking fee?

PS. Just a confirmation that this is a Moto / Android combination problem as has been confirmed multiple times in this thread. I resurrected an old Moto running Android 5 and it worked fine.
    New Moto w/ Android 6+ is the problem.

There was one mention of someone successfully connecting on a rooted phone. Can anyone confirm this?
  • MicheleBanditMicheleBandit Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm expiriencing the same issue with Huawei Nova and Tom Tom Bandit, I have also updated the firmware to the latest version 1.601.508 and still having the messagge wrong password (pin errato). Luckly I've bought it on amazon and thinking to re-send it back
  • MicheleBanditMicheleBandit Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looks like that customer support doesn't exists anymore....
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,093 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Michele,

Welcome to the Community and sorry about the delay in response!

I would advise you to make a reset (RESET ALL) on your Bandit camera by following the steps here in public FAQ: How do I reset my Bandit GPS Action Camera?

Once you make a reset, Please follow the link here to troubleshoot the connection between the camera and the App on Huawei phone: Troubleshooting the connection between your watch and your Android device

Should you still experience this issue, please let us know the if there's any error while doing so!

Cheers,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• RedstyltRedstylt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same trouble (wrong password) with thr Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro Android 6.01 and tomtom bandit 1.61.508
    I reset wifi of camera
    Come on ! update your software to support all devices on Android 6 and 7 !!!
  • RedstyltRedstylt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Where is the support ?!?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,566 Superuser
    @Redstylt

Contact Customer Services

:flag_be: Belgique
    027 007 272
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

:flag_be: België
    Maandag: 09:00 tot 17:30
    Dinsdag t/m vrijdag: 09:00 tot 16:30
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • six3sevensix3seven Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    averhees wrote: »
    For me it helped turning off the mobile data connection, so the app will only search for the Bandit via Wifi.

THIS!!! Thank you so much!

This is the solution to why this camera has been an expensive paperweight for the last two years.