Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 93 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• marco appelmanmarco appelman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard
    since the update to 1.7.64 i have hugh battery drain can you please rollback to 1.3.255
    on my runner2
    thank you
    best regards marco
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,093 TomTom Moderator
    @mgaueca As I mentioned here, your watch is nearly 2 years old so it might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@marco appelman I would suggest to make a factory reset on your watch first using the Sports Connect. Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT). This can improve the battery life on your watch.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• KimPKimP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard
    Could you please roll me back to version 1.3.255, i have tried reset after reset but the battery is still draining very quickly and is very frustrating.
    There was no problem at all with the battery draining fast before the update to 1.7.64
    Thanks.
  • BenjaminLBenjaminL Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard
    Hello, I have the same request as everyone, could you please downgrade my software to v 1.3.255?

I've already tried doing a couple of factory resets as well, and the watch still won't last more than an hour.

Thanks in advance!
  • ItalyRunner73ItalyRunner73 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard rollback to 1.3.255 did not improve the battery life; please allow me to download again 1.7.64 - thank you.
  • JasperoooJasperooo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Dear Lampard,

Can you roll me back to one version prior to 1.7.64. My watch does not synch anymore, and actually (after unpairing, uninstall, reset etc.) does not connect/add device anymore either.

The previous version was working fine. No battery issues btw.

Thanks for the effort!
  • jimes256jimes256 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, is it possible to downgrade firmware on a Runner 2 to previous version? My average pace readout is useless now (seems to take into account previous run data!) and I depend on this. It was fine on the older software. Thanks.
    same here firmware rollback please
  • poltakpoltak Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello!
    Same here, please roll back software to version 1.3.255

thanks
    Hi, is it possible to downgrade firmware on a Runner 2 to previous version? My average pace readout is useless now (seems to take into account previous run data!) and I depend on this. It was fine on the older software. Thanks.
    Please please please can i have a rollback? no syncing is making my watch a paperweight!!
  • FancyFancy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

Please roll back my software too.

Thanks
  • Gooz74Gooz74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm on firmware 1.7.64 and the battery is not as good as it used to be. Not extremely bad but worse than before.
    The major problem is the connection with my bluetooth headset. Outside the music stutters constantly during running and listening to music is impossible. 
    It used to be very good before the update. Will a rollback help? Please rollback to 1.3.255.
  • Gooz74Gooz74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Gooz74 said:
    I'm on firmware 1.7.64 and the battery is not as good as it used to be. Not extremely bad but worse than before.
    The major problem is the connection with my bluetooth headset. Outside the music stutters constantly during running and listening to music is impossible. 
    It used to be very good before the update. Will a rollback help? Please rollback to 1.3.255.
    Oh, my headset is a plantronics backbeat

hello!
    is there a procedure to follow for firmware rollback to 1.3.255?
    if no, can you put my device in that version?
    thank you!

@Fancy @poltak What's the issue you're facing? If it's battery related, I would suggest making a factory reset on your watch first using the Sports Connect. Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT). This can improve the battery life on your watch.

@Gooz74 Please message me the email address to which your watch is linked so that I can check the details and advise accordingly! 

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

lampard said:
    @Fancy @poltak What's the issue you're facing? If it's battery related, I would suggest making a factory reset on your watch first using the Sports Connect. Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT). This can improve the battery life on your watch.

@Gooz74 Please message me the email address to which your watch is linked so that I can check the details and advise accordingly! 

Cheers, lampard
    thank you for reply,
    i already did it and i want to give a try to that version!
  • r1xr1x Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

I'm facing battery issues on by runner 2 (need to recharge every night even if I don't use gps). I've tried already factory reset, I'm did not activate bluetooth syncing with the app and night mode is off. I wanted to try firmware rollback (I've got 1.7 64). Would you please assist on this?

Thanks!
    Riccardo
  • FancyFancy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard said:

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard

I'm having battery issues where the battery shows full charge, but dies immediately if I try to go to activities. I've tried factory resetting,
  • WilkomanWilkoman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can I please have my Spark rolled back to the original firmware. Like many others since updating I only have a few hours on battery life even without actively using it.
    @Wilkoman Please check your private message.

• mjridleymjridley Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello can my watch firmware be rolled back please. I have a cardio running 1.7.64 and due to battery issues its nearly unusable. Thanks. ps i have already tried factory reset and turned off all syncing and night mode.
  • bazwarnefordbazwarneford Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

How do I go about asking the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255?
  • NostromoNostromo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Juts wondering... besides having the version reset by lampard (lots of thanks to you, as you still do this for over many months), will there ever be a fix in the firmware?
    Or is this watch really a dead product to tomtom, thus no fixes, no updates?
  • LIMA123LIMA123 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, would it be possible to roll back my watch firmware please? I have a cardio running 2, version 1.7.64 and the battery doesn't charge completely anymore. And after charging, I can't do an activity for more then 30 min. So the watch is unusable at the time. Thanks for your help.
  • pedromsouzapedromsouza Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Hi! @lampard

Some time ago I asked to get an older version due to bluetooth issues. Recently I bought a new smartphone e syncing is VERY slow or goes to 100% e doesn't finish. Is it possible to link my account to the latest firmware?

Thanks.