PROBLEMS WITH THE CLOCK SCREEN

gpimentelgpimentel Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I'm having problems with my watch. TOMTOM RUNNER 3 CARDIO MUSIC WITH GPS. Only the time is visible to me, if I try to access another function of the clock it turns off the display and I can not see anything. How do I proceed to solve this problem? The device was purchased on 03/21/2018.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    Start with a factory reset and if that does not work, contact Support directly (this is a user forum). To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Flanker FloggerFlanker Flogger Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    eb2f70f5-62b2-4ceb-b8f6-a060de38251a.jpgeae39d6a-9178-42c9-bd2b-a7e3f3ea4d72.jpgHi,
    facing similar issues here. My watch was purchased about 18 months ago. Are there any possibilities for replacement or repair.
    The watch is unusable in its current state.
    Attaching a few pics. Factory reset didn’t solve the issue.

ef8835a9-064c-4236-9b7c-40d8c367883a.jpg
    Hi,
    facing similar issues here. My watch was purchased about 18 months ago. Are there any possibilities for replacement or repair.
    If it is 18 months old then it is likely out of warranty and you are out of luck if a reset did not work. TomTom does not offer a repair service, they will replace the device, for free if it is under warranty (assuming the damage is not broken glass or other user caused damage) or possibly for a fee otherwise (not recommended as TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago and the watches are a dead product). You need to contact Support to get the process started and find out what your options are. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Hi,
    If it is 18 months old then it is likely out of warranty and you are out of luck if a reset did not work. TomTom does not offer a repair service, they will replace the device, for free if it is under warranty (assuming the damage is not broken glass or other user caused damage) or possibly for a fee otherwise (not recommended as TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago and the watches are a dead product). You need to contact Support to get the process started and find out what your options are. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

Thanks a ton for the heads up. I have contacted support through the ‘contact us’ option. They’ve acknowledged receipt of my email. Awaiting a resolution now. Hopefully they’ll offer replacement at a nominal fee. Considering that they are out of the market, they should be looking to clear dead stock. That’s good enough for me! Else, I guess I’m now on the lookout for a new sports watch. Thanks again!

Thanks a ton for the heads up. I have contacted support through the ‘contact us’ option. They’ve acknowledged receipt of my email. Awaiting a resolution now. Hopefully they’ll offer replacement at a nominal fee. Considering that they are out of the market, they should be looking to clear dead stock. That’s good enough for me! Else, I guess I’m now on the lookout for a new sports watch. Thanks again!
    Why would you buy another TT knowing they are dead products that are no longer being developed and will never have any of the existing issues with battery drain and connectivity resolved? Plus the straps are awful and are near impossible to replace at this point. It is not free, it is a small discount and this is just throwing good money after bad. Your choice, but a bad one at any price. Move onto another brand that is active in the market and will remain so.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Why would you buy another TT knowing they are dead products that are no longer being developed and will never have any of the existing issues with battery drain and connectivity resolved? Plus the straps are awful and are near impossible to replace at this point. It is not free, it is a small discount and this is just throwing good money after bad. Your choice, but a bad one at any price. Move onto another brand that is active in the market and will remain so.

I just assumed that I’d be able to get a replacement at a throwaway price, considering that they are shutting this line, thereby delaying the inevitable for six months to a year. But of course, if it’s just a ‘small discount’, it’s shopping time! I do agree about the strap. It’s awful, in terms of longevity. Makes one look for a fitness watch with standard watchstraps.
    Cheers,
    Flanker.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    I just assumed that I’d be able to get a replacement at a throwaway price, considering that they are shutting this line, thereby delaying the inevitable for six months to a year. But of course, if it’s just a ‘small discount’, it’s shopping time! I do agree about the strap. It’s awful, in terms of longevity. Makes one look for a fitness watch with standard watchstraps.
    Cheers,
    Flanker.
    Garmin and several others have switched to standard watch straps with quick disconnect so it is very easy to change straps.