Routing issues. Go WiFi 6200 — TomTom Community

Routing issues. Go WiFi 6200

I planed a route, on looking at the route I new there was a better route but Go WIFi 6200 would not take me on that route.

The issue was identified as being a bridge at 14' 6" and my truck settings were the same height ie 14' 6". I reduced the height to 14' 5" and then I was rerouted onto the better route. The bridge is actually on another road that is off the road I was using and noticed the pink line had migrated from the road of the bridge on to the road of my route .

My device is all up to date ie maps and software.

My questions are:

1. How do I know if other routes have the same issue with out actually checking with Google?

2. How to resolve the issue of the maps having to be updated to reflect these problems?

Im a HGV driver in the UK and know for a fact that Snooper and the likes don't have this issue as such.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,964 Superusers
    Hi

I'm probably reading this wrong ??? but why would you want to drive a 14' 6" Truck under a 14' 6" bridge, size & size won't fit

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Many thanks for your reply.

I use 14’ 6” because my travelling height is slightly under that and I do understand that 14’ 6” is not recommended for a 14’ 6” bridge.

However the point I’m trying to make is where the bridge is situated ie on another road and not the road I want to use, TomTom maps thinks it’s on the road I want to use which is wrong. I know this as I went to the bridge to see exactly where it is. Google also confirms this as well.

I can send details of the location if your interested.

Again thanks for your reply.

Marcus
  • LC123LC123 Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi

You can try and report the issue here https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools however it can take many months if at all for corrections to be applied.