Cannot log into my account on TomTom GO 5000 — TomTom Community

Cannot log into my account on TomTom GO 5000

Hello,

yesterday i I went to use my sat nav to find I wasn’t logged into my account. This meant I couldn’t access live traffic.
Tried to login but kept getting error message that account details were wrong. They weren’t.

called TomTom who advised that it is a problem their end and it would be resolved shortly.

This morning, I’m still getting the same issue. I suspect that heat I was told by support may not be accurate as I’m seeing no one else commenting on this.

can anyone help.

Comments

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 213 [Exalted Navigator]
    I had similar issues to you yesterday - I put up a thread on the forum which you can see here :

Thread on Server issues

I found it sorted itself out mid afternoon and my 6200 appeared to be working correctly when I drove out last night. But I had to do several drum roll resets on the device to get it working. Have you tried doing a drum roll reset?

Today I cannot log into MyDrive account (PC- web based) so assume they still have Server issues!!

- but on checking my Go 6200 everything appears to be working correctly and I am logged into My Drive and synced correctly .

When there are Tomtom server issues it demonstrates the fragility of our devices as no server connection typically means no Traffic or My Places are available and all we have is an expensive pet brick ..................... unfortunately we are firmly in Tomtom's hands and we just have to wait patiently for them to sort out their server issues.

But so irritating as there is literally nothing that we can do as users !!!! :thinking:
  • ClubbieClubbie Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Lost Soul wrote:
    I had similar issues to you yesterday - I put up a thread on the forum which you can see here :

Thread on Server issues
    I found it sorted itself out mid afternoon and my 6200 appeared to be working correctly when I drove out last night. But I had to do several drum roll resets on the device to get it working. Have you tried doing a drum roll reset?

Today I cannot log into MyDrive account (PC- web based) so assume they still have Server issues!!

- but on checking my Go 6200 everything appears to be working correctly and I am logged into My Drive and synced correctly .

When there are Tomtom server issues it demonstrates the fragility of our devices as no server connection typically means no Traffic or My Places are available and all we have is an expensive pet brick ..................... unfortunately we are firmly in Tomtom's hands and we just have to wait patiently for them to sort out their server issues.

But so irritating as there is literally nothing that we can do as users !!!! :thinking:
    Thank you. Just after I posted, it rectified itself and let me login. I thought best to leave it a couple of hours to make sure it still worked before I posted back. Just tried it again and lo and behold, it isn’t working again.
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 213 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hmmmm, seems to be a bit of a lottery - I just checked at 2pm today and I can now log back in to MyDrive (PC-Web based) .

The 6200 is still currently working okay. :grinning:

Looks like Tomtom must be working on the Server issue, just hope it settles back down and we have no further outages! Would be good if they put up an announcement on the Forum when they have outages such as this which would save us thinking it was just down to ourselves being affected!!
  • ClubbieClubbie Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Lost Soul wrote:
    Hmmmm, seems to be a bit of a lottery - I just checked at 2pm today and I can now log back in to MyDrive (PC-Web based) .

The 6200 is still currently working okay. :grinning:

Looks like Tomtom must be working on the Server issue, just hope it settles back down and we have no further outages! Would be good if they put up an announcement on the Forum when they have outages such as this which would save us thinking it was just down to ourselves being affected!!
    It would indeed be helpful if any issues were posted. It would have saved me a lot of time messing with it and phoning customer support.