My tomtom GO 6000 has so sign of life when connected in my car — TomTom Community

My tomtom GO 6000 has so sign of life when connected in my car

I have tried to use my tomtom GO 6000 car navigation but it cannot be activated. Normaly, the light on the screen appears but now it is all black. I checked if the cab;es are ok and everything was fine. I do not have any idea what is wrong ????

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,670 Superuser
    @sarajevo51

Are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps and are for data transfer and not supplying power; whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then sleeps.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep sleeping?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,968 Superuser
    Hi @sarajevo51

In addition to the above check whether or not you still have the same problem with the Usb Cable connected directly to the GO6000 to make sure the problem is not the Holder.

Doug
  • sarajevo51sarajevo51 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Dear all, I did all you suggested, but navigation device id dead. I hve been using it for 3-4 years and it might be the question of 'natural death'.

Also, some days ago I got an message that something in connection with my navigation ststem will expire by 19 of January. Could it be that my navigation must be updated regularly?

Thanks in advance.
    To add. I also tried to connect my navigation in the regular elekricity net (by using a special socket provided by tomtom) but it does not show signs of life (screen is all black)
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,248 Superusers
    Try support for suggestions:

:flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t/m vrijdag : 09:00 tot 17:30
    Thank you for the phone number. I have reached them and got support.