Waiting for device — TomTom Community

Waiting for device

I have 2 devices Start 25 and Live 820 both now suffering the same problem "waiting for device".
IT is not the cables. IT is not anti virus software. They both have had the same problem for the last 3 days!!
Looking at TomTom ethernet connection it is running very slow at 23:00 or 02:00 hrs!!
This seems to have been an on going problem for last 2-3 yrs for others.
Solutions please TomTom

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Many others experiencing same problems.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • darrenfwdarrenfw Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many others experiencing same problems.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • EngwingcoEngwingco Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    I have been experiencing similar problems with my GO 6100. It all started last Monday when I was updating my device. Updating a number of background files was OK but when trying to update the maps - European and US/Canada - the problems started. There were a lot of messages kept appearing to suggest the Tom Tom servers were overloaded and when and update to the European maps seemed to be complete it then failed at the last moment. The device is connected directly to my PC (Mac) and I have tried two Tom Tom cables so I do not suspect a cable issue. I have carried out a device reset and have unistalled and reloaded the 'My Connect' software several times - all to no avail. Even tried updating the device using a Windows 10 PC - same result. All I get now is 'Waiting for your device' message. Any thoughts how to resolve problem?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0