Brazilian turn-by-turn directions voice — TomTom Community

Brazilian turn-by-turn directions voice

ntadashisntadashis Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi!

I would like to know if someone knows about the Brazilian's voice saying "Rotunda" instead of "Rotatória" (it means roundabout).

As far as I know, "Rotunda" is used by European Portuguese while in Brazil we use "Rotatória".

It's a little bit weird to hear the app saying that.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,307 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

What is the voice you're using on the App? Is it a computer voice (Raquel) or one of the recorded voices (Paulo/Gabriela)?

Thanks, lampard
  • ntadashisntadashis Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,

It is the recorded one... Gabriela. The app doesn't have the option to choose the Raquel.

Thanks!
    Hello again,

If you change the language on your phone to Portuguese (Brazil), the option to download a computer voice (Raquel) will be available. I would suggest to try this (if you can) and see if the issue stands with Raquel as well. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    Hi :)

Só... It was in Portuguese. So I changed to English and checked if there was a TTS option in English, there was not.
    So I changed back to Portuguese, and it steel doesn't have the TTS option.

Is there a troubleshooter to follow?

Thanks
    Hi there,

It seems odd, the Raquel voice should be there under Settings> Voices> Choose a voice> Download a voice> All Voices (Scroll down until you see it).

Cheers, lampard
    Hi... I tried everything, but I can't see that option. Is it probably because I'm using the TomTom GO Brasil app?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

The problem is still happening and TomTom Support doesn't want to understand the issue. The person I contacted wanted told me that the TTS voice is only available on the TomTom GO World not in TomTom GO Brasil.

But they didn't told me if they were going to send the issue to the development team (I don't know which team does the fixes for voices)... and there seems that TomTom have problems with another voices too:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1029283/voice-instructions-on-go-mobile-app#latest

So... what am I supposed to do?