Unable to update or buy new maps — TomTom Community

Unable to update or buy new maps

phrustratedphrustrated Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map purchasing
Several years ago I got a Tomtom Sat Nav. When new all attempts to register it with the manufacturers, or update maps completely failed. I've lived with it for long enough now for several roads I use regularly to have changed... and guess what... it shows me driving in fields quite a lot. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new map. Tomtom's system rejected previous login, so I created a new one... and paid (nearly £40) for a new UK map. All attempts have failed again. Naturally I feel as though I have been conned out of the payment. I have followed the on-screen instructions slavishly. Tomtom has absolutely no way of making direct contact. Any 'question' simply links to pages that make no acknowledgement of any possible difficulties. I am a bit defeated by being unsure what model I have. The bar-code is long since gone from the gadget. Is anyone else as aggrovated by this sort of problem as I? Is anyone at Tomtom actually watching these messages? Will they respond with news as to how to obtain a refund? I doubt it.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    Call Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

When you call, do NOT provide your model type when asked in order for a live agent to respond.