Trucker 6000, slow — TomTom Community

Trucker 6000, slow

Had my Trucker 6000 for about 6 months now and am well pleased, mostly.
I do multi-drop all over London and surrounds and sometimes it gets REAL slow to react to "button" presses, so I was wondering if it was storing information all the time I'm driving and this was choking it up a bit?
Also, it sometimes decides to reset itself while I'm driving, this seems to happen in the busiest part of the day, rushhour :eek: That's a bit of a pain.

Anyone else get this?

This is not a deal breaker, like I say I'm well pleased with it, is this sjust a lack of processing power or have I set it up in some way that will affect it's speed?

Thanks

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,659 Superuser
    @Steviespain

Are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then powers off rather than going to sleep.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep shutting down?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,771 Superusers
    Hi
    @Steviespain

How much free space does your Trucker 6000 have ???
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free space
    The absolute bare minimum is 400MB... The more Free space available the the quicker the device will process the data

ATB YFM