Sports Connect stopped syncing to Strava or files to computer — TomTom Community

Sports Connect stopped syncing to Strava or files to computer

OntherunaroundOntherunaround Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi! I can't seem to figure this one out. My Runner 2 did upload through Buetooth to my phone, that went well and the activity appeared in my MySports account, but the activity didn't appear in Strava. That happens sometimes - my most recent solution would be to dock the watch and then upload the file manually from my (Win10) computer. However, there is no folder for today and no file. What is there, is a second (new?) folder in the TomTom Sports directory with a number that I think is the serial number, and from the timestamp I can see it's just been created or modified.

I tried various things. Docking and undocking again, copying the ttbin file from my phone and opening it, removing the Strava synchronization and connecting again (that helped in the past). Nothing worked.

I assume it's an issue of TomTom not sending anything out. Any ideas on how to solve it?

(I would so love an option to send out 1 activity file or actively push upload... not just for TT ;))

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,385
    Superusers
    If you used your phone to upload there will be nothing on your computer, that only happens if you upload by computer. If it is on MySports why don't you just export a fit file from there and manually upload it to Strava. Alternately you can reload the ttbin following these steps:

1. Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).

2. Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}. On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).

3. Copy them to your computer

4. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:

Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]

5. Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch

6. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • OntherunaroundOntherunaround Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Wait, I can export a fit file from MySports directly? That would be my first stop but I've never found this.

Checking that first. Thanks.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,385
    Superusers
    Wait, I can export a fit file from MySports directly? That would be my first stop but I've never found this.

Checking that first. Thanks.
    Go to the activity, click Share at the bottom right and under download select the file type you want. Save it to your computer and then upload it to Strava. Strava will take fit or tcx files (fit are a bit smaller).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.