GO 620 WiFi Live Services — TomTom Community

GO 620 WiFi Live Services

mark_the_kiwimark_the_kiwi Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
I recently purchased this new unit before Christmas on the understanding (well, explicitly stated on the NZ website), that it would come with 'Lifetime TomTom Traffic' Lifetime World Maps, and Lifetime Speed Cameras.

Well the lifetime was pretty short because the Live services expired on the 3rd January 2019, and the unit says I have to purchase a subscription.

Have I missed something in the setup here, or have I been misled?

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,365 Superuser
    Hi @mark_the_kiwi

Maybe your lifetime services have not been activated automatically, this happens sometimes.

You have connected your GO 620 to Wifi and entered the email and password of the TomTom account in the device?
    Install the first updates activates subscriptions, Don't do them all at the same time. The NaVCore first alone, then the map alone, then the speed cameras, etc...

Look at this FAQ:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22781

If activation has not been done, contact TomTom support:
    (the one that is most suitable for you)

:flag_nz: New Zealand
    0800 450 973
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-19:30 NZST

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

Regards.
  • mark_the_kiwimark_the_kiwi Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi @LAURE123

My wifi, MyDrive, and bluetooth have all connected. So I guess I could wait till an update eventually comes through.

Thank you for the phone numbers, you can't beat dealing with a human being with this sort of thing. I will ring the NZ helpline tomorrow.
  • mark_the_kiwimark_the_kiwi Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Ok, I got onto TomTom support (in India?), and the GPS unit just required a factory reset. No drama.

In New Zealand we don't have much car traffic, but a mob of hundreds of sheep can create a bit of congestion on country roads (not kidding). Tomtom live traffic actually picks these up, and redirects. Pretty impressive.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,365 Superuser
    Hi @mark_the_kiwi

Glad for you that everything works. :slight_smile:

Well, a slowdown in traffic remains a slowdown, not matter the reason.
    I know what I will have in mind the next time I get stuck in a traffic jam... :sheep::sheep::sheep::wink:

Regards.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,929 Superuser
    Hi

Someone told me that they were stuck in a long line of traffic as confirmed by his TT. The cars in front started to inch forward so he decided that he would wait until the Traffic had moved forward enough to warrant him starting his car to rejoin the queue. Before long his Tomtom started indicating that there was a queue 50 yards ahead of him and that he was at the head of a long queue.