TT Go 6000 - Very slow drawing of map on my screen — TomTom Community

TT Go 6000 - Very slow drawing of map on my screen

Hi all,

I have a TT Go 6000 which when I bough ran just fine. During navigation the on-screen map was fluid and smooth and all the graphics were displayed as I would expected (I think this is called 'rendered')

For the last 6 months, maybe a little loner, this has all changed. The navigation takes an age to calculate the route and when the nav does begin, the screen graphics as I drive along struggle to keep drawing the map. This results in blurred parts of the map, unnamed roads and a general laggy experience.

The map is West Europe Zone (about 5GB) and it installed to the internal memory. The device is running live traffic and the speed cam database.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,140 Superusers
    Hi
    @cthirkell

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
  • cthirkellcthirkell Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @cthirkell

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......
    ATB YFM

Hiya FamFazMan,

Yes i have done a soft reset on the device... I have also tried a full wipe and restore of the app and maps.... I am literally in the middle of updating the map again as running 10.15 so will let you know if 10.20 is any better on the latest release of the app.