Multisport watch hard reset
edited January 24
I have found watch screen locked on 1 screen after swimming and hooked up to PC to reset. It connected and did the reset but at end it loops back to saying needs to reset and starts cycle all over again
You may have gotten water in the watch and fried it while swimming. I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:
1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed. If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.
3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
4. Release the button and wait for Sports Connect to show Update.
5. Click Update in Sports Connect.
If that does not work, you should contact Customer Support if you are still under warranty (doubtful if it is an original MultiSport). They can more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches). Otherwise it is time to move on to another brand (TT Sports went out of business a year ago so do not buy another TT).
I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
Welcome and support
Maps and Services
RoadTrips by TomTom
Community Knowledge Base