Map installation stuck and updating issues — TomTom Community

Map installation stuck and updating issues

Sapper520Sapper520 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 29 in Map installation
Been updating for 2 and a half hours.......still only on 79%!

Comments

• oreromanoreroman Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    don't work.
  • zerozero Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Sapper520 wrote:
    Been updating for 2 and a half hours.......still only on 79%!

Do you have any TCP traffic happening on your pc while stuck on 79%?
    oreroman wrote:
    don't work.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :sweat_smile: (not joking, actually)
  • Sapper520Sapper520 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Took almost 3 hours, but is now up to date.

Sorry, but I have no idea what’s working and what’s not. It’s my first experience with a TomTom since my Go720 about 10 years ago. Since then I’ve been using Garmin.

I’ll be planning routes etc over the weekend. Touring Spain in May, so hope it does better than the Garmin Zumo 595LM I used last year. That thing fought me all holiday! Went back as soon as we got home.
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    don't work.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? :sweat_smile: (not joking, actually)
    I tried everything, it comes to 18%, it goes back to 12%, it goes off, it comes back on, it does so four or five times then it goes to 96% then after a few moments it returns to 1%. I reset, off, on, heard drums away many times ..... I'll wait for less busy servers.
    oreroman wrote:
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    don't work.
    I tried everything, it comes to 18%, it goes back to 12%, it goes off, it comes back on, it does so four or five times then it goes to 96% then after a few moments it returns to 1%. I reset, off, on, heard drums away many times ..... I'll wait for less busy servers.

I was actually suggesting forcefully disconnecting the usb cable while downloading the updates :cowboy:
    If later on today you still haven't sucessfully updated the navsat, maybe you should (I'd do it) uninstall MyDrive Connect, wiping any folder/config left behind and then re-install it. Saved me one or twice...
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    don't work.
    I was actually suggesting forcefully disconnecting the usb cable while downloading the updates :cowboy:

If later on today you still haven't sucessfully updated the navsat, maybe you should (I'd do it) uninstall MyDrive Connect, wiping any folder/config left behind and then re-install it. Saved me one or twice...

I will try to give so, thanks for the advice.
    oreroman wrote:
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    don't work.

I will try to give so, thanks for the advice.
    [video]
    Please be patient 30 sec..... 7-96....7-96....7-96 ever.:tired_face:
    @oreroman & @Begbie1983

have you tried uninstalling MyDrive Connect, a doing a clean install?
    Those types of behaviours remind me of cache problems. If any remnants of the previous install persist, try deleting them prior to the new install.

Best of luck for both of you!
    zero wrote:
    @oreroman & @Begbie1983

have you tried uninstalling MyDrive Connect, a doing a clean install?
    Those types of behaviours remind me of cache problems. If any remnants of the previous install persist, try deleting them prior to the new install.

Best of luck for both of you!

I have installed and uninstalled mydrive connect several times, downloaded updates several times, cleaned the cache, tried to install only the nav update, always the same problem. I have also a very fast fiber optic connection, I reset the go 600 several times I do not know what to think anymore. I have a memory card on which the map is, I even tried to remove it to install everything on the tom tom memory ... all useless.
    Thanks anyway for the solidarity.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,214 Superusers
    Hi
    @oreroman & @Begbie1983

If you are still having problems try....
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi@oreroman & @Begbie1983

If you are still having problems try....
    Download & install the free version of Revo UninstallerHere...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.htmlRevo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller(2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)(3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM

Thanks for the reply. I did exactly as you told me, Revo uninstaller has deleted everything and in addition has found three registry keys that I manually deleted. I restarted the pc, reinstalled mydrive connect but the problem remained the same, a loop infinite ... update quickly up to 7% then jump to 96% and then back to 7%. Now I ask for something, since I have the map installed on an 8 GB memory card, if I tried to format it (with the pc, tom tom does not let me do it) what would happen? I tried, yesterday, to update everything without a memory slot inserted but it was blocked.If I can not this time I will have to do without the go600 and I'm sorry, I see no alternative. Thanks anyway for advice.
    oreroman wrote:
    (...)
    Thanks for the reply. I did exactly as you told me, Revo uninstaller has deleted everything and in addition has found three registry keys that I manually deleted. I restarted the pc, reinstalled mydrive connect but the problem remained the same, a loop infinite ... update quickly up to 7% then jump to 96% and then back to 7%. Now I ask for something, since I have the map installed on an 8 GB memory card, if I tried to format it (with the pc, tom tom does not let me do it) what would happen? I tried, yesterday, to update everything without a memory slot inserted but it was blocked.If I can not this time I will have to do without the go600 and I'm sorry, I see no alternative. Thanks anyway for advice.

Have you tried using a new sd card and re-installing the maps there and not the one you're using?
    Avoid formatting the sd card which has the maps (at this point, at least) since you might end up not being able to have a "functional" satnav. To me it seems a corrupt download cache but it can still be some issue with the servers.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,427 Superuser
    Hi @oreroman
    oreroman wrote:
    Now I ask for something, since I have the map installed on an 8 GB memory card, if I tried to format it (with the pc, tom tom does not let me do it) what would happen? I tried, yesterday, to update everything without a memory slot inserted but it was blocked.If I can not this time I will have to do without the go600 and I'm sorry, I see no alternative. Thanks anyway for advice.

In my opinion your problem is no longer the breakdown of TomTom servers but the lack of available space on your device. You should open a topic independent of this one.

It will be better to call TomTom Customer Support for more help:
    :flag_it: Italia
    lunedì-venerdì: ore 09:00-17:30 CET

If you have only one EU map in your TomTom device installed on the micro SD card, after formatting the micro SD card with the PC you will erase this EU map. Your TomTom device will give you a red banner = 'No Map' and will be unusable. Only solution install the map again.
    The onboard memory of your GO600 has become too small to hold the EU map which is 8199 MB (over 8GB) and your 8GB micro SD card is also too small. You must use a micro SD class 10 of 16GB minimum (max 32GB).

The problem is that when you remove your 8GB micro SD to put the 16GB (or 32GB) your device will be blocked (No Map). You will need to format this new micro SD with your device TomTom (proprietary formatting), and it will not to be obvious with the banner 'No Map'.

Regards.
    zero wrote:
    oreroman wrote:
    (...)
    Have you tried using a new sd card and re-installing the maps there and not the one you're using?
    Avoid formatting the sd card which has the maps (at this point, at least) since you might end up not being able to have a "functional" satnav. To me it seems a corrupt download cache but it can still be some issue with the servers.

I agree, I will not format the card but I will change it. But in the meantime something has changed, something very important ... after the umpteenth reset, I went into the tom tom setup and while setting up the thetering connection with the phone and having low battery, was still connected to the PC, I saw the progress of the state exit from the loop and get to 100, very quickly indeed. In the go600 info the map and the operating system are now updated to the latest version, without that never once Mydrive connect has signaled to me the end of the operations correctly.What something went in the right direction also shows the fact that now My driveconnect offers me two new updates ..... but for the next weeks I do not think I will connect again the tomtom to the pc. Smile. Thanks to you and everyone for their help and advice. Gianni from Italy.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,214 Superusers
    Hi
    @oreroman

What map is now installed ??? the Full Europe Map 8.166 GB or the Europe Map (Without building) should NOT fit onto your GO 600 (8GB) or your Memory card (8GB)
    Neither Map should install onto 8GB

Has a Map zone been installed ???

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @oreroman

What map is now installed ??? the Full Europe Map or the Europe Map (Without building) shouldn't fit onto your GO 600 (8GB) or your Memory card (8GB)
    Neither Map should install onto 8GB

Has a Map zone been installed ???

ATB YFM

good evening to all, all my problem, so I disturbed many of you, it was due to the sd 8 gb. too small .... now I have bought a 32 gb and the update (infinite ahahah) is proceeding without problems. With some guilt, I greet everyone and thanks again.