OUTAGE RESOLVED-Problems with MyDrive Connect and Accessing TomTom Services on the device

Comments

• Sapper520Sapper520 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My new Rider 550 is finally connected via WiFi. 3 updates, started about one hour ago, still only on 32%!
  • plomplomplomplom Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    yessss, he is busy now.
    Just close completely the device and start again
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 582 [Exalted Navigator]
    AdyC wrote:
    John-Jay wrote:
    AdyC wrote:
    Finally no Oops and 5200 updating - for now....
    London, England.
    Surely, the 5200 does NOT use MyDriveConnect (to update), which is where the problem is??
    The Oops problem has been happening on the wifi only devices also...

OK, other than an initial delay in seeing that I had any updates, my 520 has updated without a problem!

Regards,

John-Jay

• Bra1nBra1n Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    just updated mine successfully so maybe the issue is resolved ?
  • zorrodelft1zorrodelft1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    As of now in the Netherlands mine is updating... thank goodness! Downloaded a few days ago and the device is at 17% and steadily rising. Phew
  • JunaytJunayt Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I I think everything's back to normal now I just logged in successfully and now I'm doing the updates......Sydney 10:31pm
  • zorrodelft1zorrodelft1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you tomtom for getting it sorted ?
  • oreromanoreroman Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Go 600 is the third time in two hours to restart the update, we hope it will be successful.
    Italy 12.50 am
  • reiskareiska Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all,

Miracle has happened finally...or just fake news...I don't know, hopefully not.

Anyway, I left my Go 6200 on the table just after trying millions of times to connect to my account to update the navigator, and getting the error message as described.
    The last time before I left the navigator said Please wait... and I left the thing there as I did not have too much time to wait this time.

I came back after four hours and on the screen it said...

TomTom GO 6200 is up-to-date with a smile.

I hope it is now OK and continues to be OK as we are getting new advanced type of speed cameras in Finland everywhere and it is really good know where they are... And of course the maps need to be up-to-date as well, not from 1,5 years ago as they were.

Something has been done in the background I guess and everything is fine by me now.

Thanks to anyone who made this thing to work again!
  • RankmanRankman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Seems like ik finally works again.
    I just updated succesfully my go 5200 wifi system.

Regards,

Robert
  • oreromanoreroman Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi everyone, for now the update is a loop. is the fifth time that it restart at 12% then it goes to 96% after twenty minutes then it restarts and goes slow up to 12% and always so
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,769 TomTom Moderator
    Hello everyone

The systems have recovered from the server downtime and other issues I mentioned earlier in my first post.

In the initial stage there might be some extra load on the servers so you might experience that odd drop out but that will get settled.

Thank you once again for your support and patience....

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • byMaKsiMbyMaKsiM Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My go live 1000 updated in less than 5 minutes, both Iberia map and gps-fix, thanks Vikram for informing us about it has been resolved!
  • undertaker9999undertaker9999 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Its working for me now thanks, I'm in Ontario Canada
  • SwortonSworton Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Well holy crap tomtom, it's working. You just saved me 400 bucks. I gave it one last chance and looked to see what people were saying. I'm glad I waited almost a month to find this update. Let's get the next one right before the release. Thank you for correcting this huge issue. Thank you.
  • TowcestermanTowcesterman Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Success, although it took an age just for speed cams which is a very small update. Pleased I wasn't updating maps, although given that this seems to be a global problem it's good that the servers are still up.

Thanks Vikram. Any time you'd like a bit of input on regression testing ….. :older_man:
  • Donald DuckDonald Duck Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yee haaaa, now working!
  • SwortonSworton Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I already had it completely downloaded. Taking for ever to install though. Hope the wait is worth the fixes and updates. TomTom, I figured your Bluetooth connection issue. You must update your Bluetooth software. Phones are ahead of your version. This is why my brother and I can't connect anymore. I'm on latest Android and Bluetooth version. Please fix this!
  • proinwvproinwv Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I just got in and completed my update at 10:50 am EST 1/11/2019. Best wishes to all and thanks for joining me in posting this problem, :grinning:
  • EngwingcoEngwingco Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hooray - After a week of trying just managed to get the European and US maps updates to install and run on my GO 6100. A couple of minor updates still to do but it looks like the usage of the Tom Tom servers is currently very high so I will wait until later this evening to complete. Have a great weekend.
  • samuraitrevsamuraitrev Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's sorted. Had me wondering for a while but all good now.
    Cheers everyone, have a good weekend.
  • Begbie1983Begbie1983 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,

To confirm the issues still persist on my device.

Driving home tonight the live services worked and connected on turning the device on, 20 mins later - disconnected sign showing on side bar.

Gone to update and delay on 56% when updating but just rest device yet again to try and resolve and guess what " oops, we are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later"

Ive been a TomTom customer for close to 15 years but think this may be my last purchase. Shocking service and updates to customers... this has been going on since i drove back from France to GB last Friday!

TomTom Go 6100 owner btw.
  • cyberxxl2004cyberxxl2004 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    That problems did maps error on my device and after server loose connection crash,when device finished update i dont have any map on my device start 50/5 ,how can i fix thys crap?
  • Frustrated Old GuyFrustrated Old Guy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear TomTom, You have really destroyed a lot of customer good will with this episode and you now need to show that you have learnt a really important lesson in dealing with the folk that buy your products and pay your wages. In my view this was an appalling example of technical and customer relations ineptitude. I'm ready to walk away from your otherwise excellent product and, from reading this forum, so are a lot of others!! Over to you.
  • johnp99johnp99 Posts: 52 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hello all,

There are currently 2 issues we are facing. A team is working to get this resolved as soon as we can.
    1. MyDrive Connect- 'Waiting for device' error message / Unable to update or link to an account / connectivity issues.
    2. TomTom Services- 'Oops we are having trouble accessing TomTom Services. Please try again later' - This error mostly when you log in to MyDrive or TomTom Services or updating using WiFi.
    We just published a banner announcement on our support website to inform the same.

I will let you know once a fix is deployed.

Thank you for your patience...

Regards
    Vikram
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online104

Alexanda
Alexanda
bigal152
bigal152
hb090767
hb090767
Ossabow