OUTAGE RESOLVED-Problems with MyDrive Connect and Accessing TomTom Services on the device

Comments

• daddumdaddum Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    4 days i have been having the same issue !
  • zorrodelft1zorrodelft1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Normally an easy update process I am now unable to update.... I have owned TomTom Riders for 13 years... not sure how much longer!
  • Philip AllenPhilip Allen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Go 6200 Same problem.
  • Magpie martynMagpie martyn Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Still no sign of my device being added so going to buy a garmin
  • Sapper520Sapper520 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Took delivery of a Rider 550 yesterday, hundreds of pounds and can’t use the dam thing!

I changed from Garmin as the new 595LM was terrible, so it went back. Seems I’ve purchased another lemon!

I’m waiting for the company I purchased it from to get back to me, I’ve requested a refund.
  • oreromanoreroman Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    dirk1000 wrote:
    Hello,

Do an update yesterday with my go 6100, server fail wail updating, after that my navi says "no cards available"
    tried the whole day yesterday, resetting, new download, empty cache, tried to install, the program my drive connect says not enough space available, free up space????
    My go does not start anymore, and I can't do anything.

Call servicedesk, got a step-by-step plan, but it don't work!

what can I do???????

Wait.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 245 [Exalted Navigator]
    A bit late to this thread as I was only aware of it from another forum.

I have TomTom GO Mobile iOS app and it doesn't seem to be affected, I've got traffic and I've just downloaded a new map over WiFi. I'm not getting any message that state "oops....we are having trouble accessing TomTom services"

Could somebody please tell me why this is causing such a problem for so many TomTom users?

Regards,
  • AdyCAdyC Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Commenting to subscribe.
  • Donald DuckDonald Duck Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any further news??
  • EngwingcoEngwingco Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Tom Tom - a thought - why do you not revert to the configuration that was on the Tom Tom site before this latest updated was uploaded to the site - I assume that you keep back-up disks? You can then sort out the problem(s) with the latest update off-line and at least i and many others might be able to get our devices working again!
  • zerozero Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Good morning everybody.

In my case, I had/have two update to do: community updates + Nav4 (v18.202.0024.311).
    Since I wasn't able to update neither, I'm still able to used my GO5100 with real time traffic...
    BTW,
    as soon as I noticed there was an issue with TomTom servers, I created a topic on the subject to which VikramK promptly replied. But since this is taking so long to fix - and more and more people are complaining - maybe we could use that thread to get a "statistical" overview of the issue.

Like I said there:
    zero wrote:
    My turn:

@Portugal
    GO5100
    Stuck on waiting for device for 5+ hours so far

Regards.
  • CroekyCroeky Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Belgium
    GO5000
    Stuck on 'waiting for device' for 1 day so far.
    Good news everybody! (at least for me, for now...)

I've been able to update both nav4 and community shares :grin:. Still not sure if I'm getting real-time traffic as I'm inside a building :sweat_smile:

Regards.

(edit: servers are still busy as I got the "busy servers" message)
  • CroekyCroeky Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    zero wrote:

I've been able to update both nav4 and community shares :grin:. Still not sure if I'm getting real-time traffic as I'm inside a building :sweat_smile:

Regards.

Same!
    Croeky wrote:
    zero wrote:

Regards.
    Same!

woo-hoo! :rofl:
  • oreromanoreroman Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    zero wrote:
    Croeky wrote:
    zero wrote:

Regards.
    Same!
    woo-hoo! :rofl:
    Lo stesso,funziona finalmente....:sweat_smile:
    A bit late to this thread as I was only aware of it from another forum.

I have TomTom GO Mobile iOS app and it doesn't seem to be affected, I've got traffic and I've just downloaded a new map over WiFi. I'm not getting any message that state "oops....we are having trouble accessing TomTom services"

Could somebody please tell me why this is causing such a problem for so many TomTom users?

Regards,

IDK, maybe different servers?
    Seems that only physical navsats were affected. Maybe we get an issue report from customer support...
  • plomplomplomplom Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    here still not possible to connect. Oops there is a problem.....
  • TECSGTECSG Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My 2 devices have now managed to update.

Had to completely close My Connect and restart it for it to complete the update though as it was still just sitting there saying "Waiting for Device"...
    Finally no Oops and 5200 updating - for now....
    London, England.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 583 [Exalted Navigator]
    AdyC wrote:
    London, England.

Surely, the 5200 does NOT use MyDriveConnect (to update), which is where the problem is??

Regards,

John-Jay

John-Jay wrote:
    AdyC wrote:
    London, England.
    Surely, the 5200 does NOT use MyDriveConnect (to update), which is where the problem is??
    The Oops problem has been happening on the wifi only devices also...
  • WhizzManWhizzMan Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    John-Jay wrote:
    AdyC wrote:
    London, England.
    The problem is not in the application MyDrive application but that the update of the device is managed by TomTom servers. The 5200 uses the same protocol to update and without the TomTom servers giving the right responses the device will not update, regardless if this is through MyDrive or directly.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online121

Jürgen
Jürgen
Manuel1962
Manuel1962
Orly1964
Orly1964
scheibenklar
scheibenklar
YarisHSD
YarisHSD