Error 503 service unavailable, guru meditation: XID: 1358702099, varnish cache server - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Error 503 service unavailable, guru meditation: XID: 1358702099, varnish cache server

Comments

• TomTom User 5100TomTom User 5100 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    RBEmerson wrote:
    Lighten up, people.

Some days the computer world just doesn't go very well. Did any of you call support to see what happened? I did, and I got an explanation about what went wrong. My only gripe is clearly TT doesn't back things as often as they should. But... some days the computer world just doesn't go very well.

BTW did anyone see the humor in "Guru meditation"? Seems right for an operation working, in part, near Mombai, India.

A single post here by TomTom (in a pinned thread that isn't over a year old) would surely be more productive than thousands of users calling in individually, waiting on hold for minutes, then being told one of many versions of the story, based on which member of support you manage to speak to.
  • TomTom User 5100TomTom User 5100 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Having the same issue here in London... i am a taxi driver...unfortunately i deleted my maps from my sd card and now my navigation asks for a map (tom tom go 6000/6100) really desperate...i dont really know what i am going to do at work today :(

Dont you have The Knowledge!?
  • RBEmersonRBEmerson Posts: 60 [Outstanding Explorer]
    OMG!! ROFLASTC!!!

Good one! Scary to think there are London cabbies without The Knowledge. Tell us the GPS is only for traffic checks. Please! ;)
    RBEmerson wrote:
    Lighten up, people.

Some days the computer world just doesn't go very well. Did any of you call support to see what happened? I did, and I got an explanation about what went wrong. My only gripe is clearly TT doesn't back things as often as they should. But... some days the computer world just doesn't go very well.

BTW did anyone see the humor in "Guru meditation"? Seems right for an operation working, in part, near Mombai, India.
    A single post here by TomTom (in a pinned thread that isn't over a year old) would surely be more productive than thousands of users calling in individually, waiting on hold for minutes, then being told one of many versions of the story, based on which member of support you manage to speak to.
    Meh. I assumed people figured out something Big was broken, meaning TT would jump on it. Life goes on.
  • MartinFFMartinFF Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hello, I have TOMTOM GO 6200 and I cannot log into my account since yesterday. Also I cannot use my navigation. Help me sort it that please.
  • Koen go5200Koen go5200 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MartinFF wrote:
    Hello, I have TOMTOM GO 6200 and I cannot log into my account since yesterday. Also I cannot use my navigation. Help me sort it that please.
    Have the same problem here with my GO5200 can't login into mydrive. Tommorrow I go to New Zealand trying to add the map for it.
    Not a lot of comfort, I know, but all anyone can do is keep trying to make contact with the server(s). FWIW from here everything seems to be up and running - US East Coast.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the tree. Life is like that.
    ee1ed79b-dfaa-4973-bfd8-b90fe97ecc53.jpgOops We are having trouble accessing TomTom services.

On Today at 12.47 PM, UK time:

I would like to apologize for the issue you are experiencing and any inconvenience which it may have caused.
    Martin, as per our discussion on call you were facing issue with the device while trying to update it.
    I am sorry to inform you that, we are facing technical difficulties right now on most of our server, I would request you to try updating the device after 4 hours and let me know the results.
    If you have any more queries, or would like to update me, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the link in this message and I’ll be more than happy to help.
    With kind regards,
    Nikita M.
    TomTom Customer Care Team.

I am trying it for more than 24 hrs and still no possible log into my account!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,200 Superusers
    Call support when open then:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • DshakespeareDshakespeare Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Got a new Go6200 today and same issue, can’t login to download updates. Been trying for the last 8 hours
    RBEmerson wrote:
    Not a lot of comfort, I know, but all anyone can do is keep trying to make contact with the server(s). FWIW from here everything seems to be up and running - US East Coast.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the tree. Life is like that.
    I seemed to be on the air and now I'm not. Oops

I suspect this isn't just a simple server outage. I'm inclined to think TT may have been at the wrong end of an attack. In any case, it's very, very unlikely that TT would simply say "oh, golly, something the company touts as a major selling point is toast. We'll just walk away from all of that."
  • IvanukrIvanukr Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    All the fault of the protection of the company. which gives nothing to do with the corpse while they have problems.
    I need to go, and I wait until the company wakes up
    A bit of honesty wouldn’t hurt though, I left TomTom a couple of years ago and have just returned spending almost £400 on a device and accessories only to find that the device isn’t working correctly and I am on the forums looking for help when all I want to know is why is it not working and an estimated time of how long until it is working again. I am in two minds if I should just put everything back in the box and return it for a refund.

They need to put something on the site saying it’s down and for how long, rather than leaving customers trawling through forums, the internet and support pages as I have done today on and off for 8 hours.
  • IvanukrIvanukr Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    not only do poor-quality devices, after a month of using the device for 350 euros, squeaks in his hands while holding it. For what you take the money, you will finish the game that your company will fall apart such a service.
  • Jabba46Jabba46 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Still not working. Cannot update. Not been working for 48 hours. TomTom sort it out
    STILL NOT WORKING! CANNOT UPDATE! NOT BEEN WORKING FOR 48 HOURS! TomTom SORT IT OUT! DO IT NOW!
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 631 Superuser
    ...all I want to know is why is it not working and an estimated time of how long until it is working again. I am in two minds if I should just put everything back in the box and return it for a refund.
    I wouldn't be too hasty in giving up yet. I've used a Go for several years now on my daily commute, and although I had a few connectivity issues at the beginning with the device (fixed with firmware updates), the TomTom servers have always been pretty rock solid.

I'd be inclined to put this down as an anomaly for the time being, although TomTom could really do with getting this sorted out soon to retain confidence.
    OK, TomTom is back! It works now! Thank you ;-)
    Nope, mine is still not working
    Nope, mine is still not working
    Try reset your satnav and log into.
  • feeksfeeks Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MartinFF wrote:
    STILL NOT WORKING! CANNOT UPDATE! NOT BEEN WORKING FOR 48 HOURS! TomTom SORT IT OUT! DO IT NOW!

The "Try reset your satnav and login" worked for me this morning!
    Reset the device and it worked - until the install failed and I am now stuck in a loop between two screens - 1 saying I can’t use the device without a map and the other saying no maps are available
  • BEALIONBEALION Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    proinwv wrote:
    thanks tom tom.
    Hi TomTom,

My friend is working at Varnish Software and he is really interested to investigate this issue and help you to resolve it once and for all. Feel free to reach out to him at [email protected].

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!
  • UltegraDi2UltegraDi2 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Still not working for me either. MyDrive does open now, & I can start the update, but it gets stuck on 'connecting to your device', although the device shows it is connected to the computer.
    Surely someone here has made the call & can share with us what the problem is and how to resolve it?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,200 Superusers
    @Dshakespeare

Call support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online5

Bembo
Bembo
sebool_123
sebool_123