Beta team — TomTom Community

Beta team

HolmfirtherHolmfirther Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi folks. I see that a few people have requested and been added to the beta program. Is it possible for me to join please? I use CarPlay and am missing my TT app. I’m on the iOS beta program, currently using ios12.1.3 public beta3. I’d really like to get going with GO on my CarPlay.

Comments

• garethleetaylorgarethleetaylor Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also like to register my interest for the beta programme.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,203 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Please see my response here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/will-we-ever-get-tomtom-on-apple-car-play-1020422/index4.html#post1242523

You should've received an email invite to join this.

Cheers, lampard
  • StuBFrostStuBFrost Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I’m a Go subscriber and haven’t received any email about the beta test. Is it only certain people/countries ?
  • A900ssA900ss Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I’d love to be included but I have no e-mail. Possibly because I’ve been using Google Maps and Waze as TT wouldn’t work with CarPlay.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi lampard,

As somebody who's been openly critical of TomTom for the lack of development of the GO Mobile iOS app in three years, especially for the missing features that were on its predecessor, I would like to say well done to you and the team for adding Apple CarPlay. However, I don't currently have any vehicles with an Apple CarPlay enabled car stereo/head unit so I won't be able to test it. But this is an interesting development, in the right direction

Now that Apple CarPlay functionality has been added to GO Mobile iOS app, when will we see other features that we've requested be added such as:
    1. Custom POI suport in MyDrive.
    2. POI icons to appear on screen.
    3. URL Scheme support.
    4. Map size reduction i.e. remove unnecessary 3D buildings.
    5. Show decimal not fractions when using miles as units.
    6. Show both remaining distance and remaining journey time at the same time.
    The above features are just an example for what we would like as there are other features as well.

Regards,
    Same here. Would love to Beta test Go CarPlay for the 30k mikes a year I do but no e-mail received.
  • robik130robik130 Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    A900ss wrote:
    Same here. Would love to Beta test Go CarPlay for the 30k mikes a year I do but no e-mail received.
    Please try here:
    https://www.teltarif.de/tomtom-carplay-beta-test/news/75222.html

There is a link that leads to:
    https://www.tomtom.com/de_de/carplay-betasignup/

I entered my data yesterday and today I received an invitation to the tests.
    Now I am waiting for a link to download the application.
    I am to receive it up to 48 hours.:joy:
    Great. Thanks.
  • HolmfirtherHolmfirther Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Please see my response here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/will-we-ever-get-tomtom-on-apple-car-play-1020422/index4.html#post1242523

You should've received an email invite to join this.

Cheers, lampard
    Thank you. I didn't receive an invite but I did follow the link supplied by Robik130 and enter my details. Hopefully I'll be selected.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,203 TomTom Moderator
    Hi everyone,

We've been having some issues with the website, but we can assure you that e-mails with an invite will be sent out shortly. Also due to the overwhelmingly positive response, we'll need some time to process all the beta applications as this is not an automatic process.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers, lampard
  • robik130robik130 Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    The beta tomtom GO with CarPlay has been downloaded.
    It works perfectly.
    I have objections regarding the size of the frame with messages about the next maneuver. It could be smaller.
    The program has a great option to add individual countries, not the whole of EUROPE as well as individual areas (eg Germany, France).
    Congratulations to TomTom.
    I will say yes - finally I've got it.:yum:
  • lghjope1980lghjope1980 Posts: 16 [Master Traveler]
    One would really, really, really like an email please....
    One would really, really, really like an email please....
    +1
  • iparigiparig Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. I have the GO up on an iOS device and I also have a CarPlay in car enabled device. I didn’t recythe email to invite me to participate in beta CarPlay use. What should I do?
  • tdktdk Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    iparig wrote:
    Hi. I have the GO up on an iOS device and I also have a CarPlay in car enabled device. I didn’t recythe email to invite me to participate in beta CarPlay use. What should I do?

Lampard, I am inexactly the same situation as iparig. I am able to participate in the Apple carplay beta but I have not received the email. Please advise.
  • R14untR14unt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have not received an email I would love the help
  • Phil.DaviesPhil.Davies Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hey, can I become a Bets tester for the app? I drive about 100 miles a day and CarPlay.
    Thanks Lampard! App installed so I’ll give it a ‘go’ on my drive home.
    What should we do if we have not received an email? Desperate to try GO on my new car with CarPlay?
  • martin.constable_un44martin.constable_un44 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    R14unt wrote:

Likewise.
  • toothtooth Posts: 103 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    This is what we have all been waiting for! Can it really be true?

My beta application is in too, I hope you will include me Lampard please.
  • PushingtinPushingtin Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Could you please include me too Lampard. Thanks in anticipation.
  • Andy188Andy188 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    How do w get copied on the invite mail.

Like several others I want to take part in the beta with CarPlay as latest car has Sygic as default nav app and it lags the current TomTom iOS version in several areas !!!

I have been a tomtom iOS user with TomTom account from near day 1 and want to keep with it in both my new CarPlay enabled Car with 8”screen and older car relying on iPhone...
    Also completed the form, ?? I get accepted
  • scenicscenic Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    R14unt wrote:

Likewise.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online40

Bembo
Bembo
Elchdoktor
Elchdoktor