730 wont load even with a 2gb sd card — TomTom Community

730 wont load even with a 2gb sd card

I have been a loyal TomTom user for the past 11 years, I updated my maps at a cost every year until I was told you do not do Maps for my model because memory was to low (I added a 2gb sd card), I persisted and just had the GPS fix loaded.

Now today your site wont allow me even that, it says I need more external memory, 2gb SD card should be more than enough, but it says I need more.

Now the 730 says No Maps Found, and I cant use it at all...….WHATS GOING ON??

This is not Fair I should at least be able to use it with old MAPS, Please fix this problem I Am Not Happy.

Regards
Stephen Holmes
[email protected]

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,369
    Superusers
    If your model's serial number starts with 'J3' or 'J4' it is considered End of Life by Tomtom, meaning no further map updates.

If it starts with 'J5' or 'JG', it might be ok, in which case get yourself an 8 or, even better, a 16 gb sd card for the device. A small price compared to the original cost of the device.

You cal call support but do NOT respond with a model when prompted in order for a live agent to come on line:

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • newleg75newleg75 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    dnh
    Thanks for the reply.

Its F3...
    So I’m out in the COLD!

But I still can’t get the 730 working at all, when I go to Update, it goes through the motions to the “ Update and install” and Freezes there.....so I still have a dead 730 which is wrong...
    Does TomTom read these posts?
    They owe me an explanation as to why my I can’t use me 730.

regards
    Stephen
  • newleg75newleg75 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    dnh

thanks I will try au TomTom.

regards
    Stephen