New software v18.202.0024 available for download — TomTom Community

New software v18.202.0024 available for download

Hi all

We've just released a new software update v18.202 for the GO Wi-Fi®️️️ 6200, 5200,620,520,VIA 53 PROFESSIONAL,Camper and Basic devices; it's available for download in the Updates & New Items menu of your device.

Release notes:

Bug fixes and improvements:

Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Drive safe!

Regards
Vikram ?

Comments

• Moon3Moon3 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Aby new functions ? Just updating now
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,195 Superusers
    Disappearing route while driving should be fixed.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,166 Superusers
    Downloaded at the moment, I will test but I do not think to discover much. But hey, happy though that Tomtom still deigns to work a little on the navcore of the Nav4. Maybe we can hope for 2019 an intelligent management of points of interest!
  • Moon3Moon3 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Mmines stuck on 30% update for the last hour..very slow download
    Nnormaly takes only few minits ...Very odd
  • tonymibtonymib Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    4 months since the last release and only a bug fix. V Disappointing
  • Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 543 [Revered Navigator]
    looks like another waste of time update.....Bet ALG hasn't been fixed either....where's any new features that we haven't had for months....Tomtom you really are an awful totally crap company :rage::rage::rage:
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,582 Superuser
    @VikramK

Please can TomTom come into the modern era and be honest so as to be specific as to which actual bugs have been fixed?
    As this list has now grown to such an extent that if these as not listed it will hit the bottom line, as customers will be dissatisfied with the progress of their particular gripe, that they will negatively sound off on the plethora of social platforms that now exist.
  • uocooper_un44uocooper_un44 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I still can't use my G0 500 with my iPhone 6S. This hasn't worked for months and the latest update didn't address this. I hope this is still being worked on.
  • alexwood146alexwood146 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi all

We've just released a new software update v18.202 for the GO Wi-Fi®️️️ 6200, 5200,620,520,VIA 53 PROFESSIONAL,Camper and Basic devices; it's available for download in the Updates & New Items menu of your device.

Release notes:

Bug fixes and improvements:

Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Drive safe!

Regards
    Vikram ?
    I updated to the new version on 13/12/18. Did a soft reboot once everything head completed now my GO6200 shuts down/reboots every 70 seconds. Help! Unit is charged. There is no difference to my set up or how I would use it other than the new software is installed.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,195 Superusers
    @alexwood146

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds

If that doesn't help, perhaps the Recovery Process. See here:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 504 [Exalted Navigator]
    Covkid62 wrote:
    looks like another waste of time update.....Bet ALG hasn't been fixed either....where's any new features that we haven't had for months....Tomtom you really are an awful totally crap company :rage::rage::rage:
    By releasing an unspecified update, they can fool some of their customers into believing that they are still making improvements and actively developing new features, when in actual fact, nothing useful ever gets done. I'll bet that the narrow country lanes issue hasn't been fixed either. Definitely an ATCC as you have stated.
  • Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 543 [Revered Navigator]
    To be honest BrianE i think even tomtom have given up on these devices as they now probably realise that these things are no good...
  • alexwood146alexwood146 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried all that, did it again, still the same. Strangely i can sit at home the battery is fully charged, according to the boot detail screen. If I enter a destination it works fine, DOESN'T cut out or reboot. When I go outside with a route planned the minute it starts to navigate for me (even waking down the garden path to my car!) it cuts out/ reboots and continues to do so. It has to be software surely? Even changed from European to GB & Ireland map, no difference.
  • TomTom User 5100TomTom User 5100 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Niall wrote:
    @VikramK

Please can TomTom come into the modern era and be honest so as to be specific as to which actual bugs have been fixed?
    As this list has now grown to such an extent that if these as not listed it will hit the bottom line, as customers will be dissatisfied with the progress of their particular gripe, that they will negatively sound off on the plethora of social platforms that now exist.

Is there a definitive list of defects/bugs that users have found? Would be useful to have a pinned topic in the forum!