Where can I get a new strap for my Golf watch? — TomTom Community

Where can I get a new strap for my Golf watch?

pipemmapipemma Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I was given a TomTom golfer watch as a Christmas present in 2014. The watch has worked really well and I am very happy with it. Unfortunately no matter how hard I try I am finding it impossible to buy a new strap.
I don't want a free replacement I just want to simply buy one. 3rd party suppliers are not interested..
Help please

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production and development over a year ago, so straps and accessories are getting hard to find. Your best option is to contact Support directly and see if they have any in stock, but it is possible they are simply all gone, so you may be out of luck. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • pipemmapipemma Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply, surely a company like TomTom would not totally rely on one supplier?
    Not a solution but at least an answer.
    I have gone via the support page on the web site to no avail, looks like there will be a lot of customers with perfectly good watches but no straps!
    Once again, thank you.
    Superusers
    pipemma wrote:
    Thanks for your reply, surely a company like TomTom would not totally rely on one supplier?
    Not a solution but at least an answer.
    I have gone via the support page on the web site to no avail, looks like there will be a lot of customers with perfectly good watches but no straps!
    Once again, thank you.
    The issue is not a single supplier, the issue is that they are out of business and stopped producing them a year ago. They are not going to continue to produce accessories after they left the market, so supplies are starting to run out, particularly on old ones like yours that have been out of production for many years.
  • pipemmapipemma Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Let me clearly understand, a supplier to TomTom has gone out of business which means TomTom customers cannot obtain a spare part for a product that works perfectly well but is now worthless and only fit to be thrown away.
    I did not buy the watch from TT Sports I bought it from TomTom!
    If I buy the latest TomTom watch do I have any guarantee that the strap supplier will still be in business a year from now?
    This is not getting anywhere, and the issue is not resolved.
    Superusers
    pipemma wrote:
    Let me clearly understand, a supplier to TomTom has gone out of business which means TomTom customers cannot obtain a spare part for a product that works perfectly well but is now worthless and only fit to be thrown away.
    I did not buy the watch from TT Sports I bought it from TomTom!
    If I buy the latest TomTom watch do I have any guarantee that the strap supplier will still be in business a year from now?
    This is not getting anywhere, and the issue is not resolved.
    How hard is this, no one said anything about a strap supplier. TomTom Sports is a Division of TomTom, which left the watch business because it was an unsuccessful product line that lost hem tons of money. Like most companies, TT has numerous divisions in all different markets. If one fails they close it, which happened here. They are no longer making watches or watch accessories, are no longer developing new features and have fired all the employees that worked in that Division. The watches are a dead end product. They work as they are for as long as they last but after that , you are correct, they are essentially worthless. Much like the a box of VCR tapes in my attic but since all the Divisions of Sony, Panasonic and other companies that made VCRs were shut down and stopped producing machines, I can no longer use them. Or the Polaroid camera that I cannot use because they stopped making the film for them.

There is nothing to resolve, try calling Support and see if they have a strap for a watch they discontinued several years ago. If they do not, move on to another brand that is still active in the market and is producing devices.