I cant find my SERIAL OR MODEL NUMBERS — TomTom Community

I cant find my SERIAL OR MODEL NUMBERS

deermasterdeermaster Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
HOW CAN I FIND THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE ? What is the SIZE OF THE STAR SCREWS AT THE BOTTOM ? THERE ARE TWO.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,320
    Superusers
    Is it a device that uses Home or MyDriveConnect?
  • deermasterdeermaster Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I am not sure of what your asking. I have never connected it to my PC because I dont know the serial or model numbers. I am trying to replace the battery inside, for a friend. It does not come on. I am going to try to charge it over night and see what happens. I cannot find a "How to replace the battery U TUBE Video " for it because I do not know which one it is. It only says TOMTOM in white on the front. The screen measures 3 3/4 by 2 1/4 inches.
    Superusers
    Well, can you ask your friend more information about the device, such as what he/she used, Home or MyDriveConnect?
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    Re: the size of the screws, most TomToms need a T4 torx screwdriver.
    THIS FORM IS USELESS. ONLY TWO REPLIES IN THREE DAYS AND ONE IS HELPFUL,I THINK. TOMTOM HAS NO TOLL FREE NUMBER TO CALL FOR HELP. I THINK I SEE NOW WHY PEOPLE DONT BUY THESE ANYMORE. NOW ALL PHONES HAVE NAVIGATION IN THEM TO USE.WHO NEED THESE TYPE OF DEVISES ? NO ONE. THATS WHY NO ONE IS HEAR TO HELP ME. END OF STORY. :(
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    Well actually it was three replies in three days - two of them being questions, neither of which you've bothered trying to answer. What do you expect us to do - go to your friend's house and ask them ourselves?

And the reason no-one else has replied is because unless you answer the questions posed, it's impossible to help you.

Finally, for the love of god - STOP SHOUTING!!!
    Superusers
    Support:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
    Dear DMULV, I sometimes TYPE LARGE because I have a sight problem. Why do YOU ASSUME I am shouting ? I can SEE what I am typing, EASIER. DONT ALWAYS assume that A PERSON is shouting. I told you I do not know what "HOME" and MY DRIVE" IS OR MEANS. I cannot ID this devise because the DECAL the company put on the BOTTOM to ID IT with ROTTED ! How stupid of of thing to do. A DECAL ? Nothing else ?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,834
    Superuser
    @deermaster

To find the serial number of the device try holding the on/off button till the screens fills with a lot of white text on a black background, something like this from a GO 60:-
    8f7eeb03-cb95-4c32-8e3a-59c846487731.jpg
    The second line 'Device id: VC.........'
    I tried holding the button on for along time. Nothing came up like the screen above. I called the toll free # that DHN left me and spoke with TOTMTOM service. They told me it is a XL-335 ,SER. # GJxxxxx54 sold 2010 and it no longer is supported for up dated maps, after JAN. 2018. Does anyone know how I COULD UP DATE THIS UNIT ? Thanks to all here that have tried to help.

Mod Edit: Please don't post private or personal info on a public forum!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,000
    Superusers
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,000
    Superusers
    Hi
    @rossi123

Maybe ??? here's a video for the XL-330...

https://www.newpower99.com

ATB YFM