How to extend my battery life?

mudover40mudover40 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 30 in TomTom Adventurer
I have an adventurer and went to run a 50k yesterday and my battery died 10 miles in. I don't use music on it and have never turned it on. I see in instructions it says like 5hrs with gps\hr\music, and 9 hours with gps\hr. How do I make sure the music is turned off so I get 9 hours of tracking????

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,341 Superusers
    Unless you have headphones connected and are listening to music there is nothing to turn off. Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2-hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best-case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. I have found that they are accurate estimates and my usage and testing has matched them. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty.

If you search the forums you will find there is a known issue for many users with battery drain. First try a factory rest and if that doesn't work, go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 which may fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • YokoyoYokoyo Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Unless you have headphones connected and are listening to music there is nothing to turn off. Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2-hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best-case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. I have found that they are accurate estimates and my usage and testing has matched them. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty.

If you search the forums you will find there is a known issue for many users with battery drain. First try a factory rest and if that doesn't work, go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 which may fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088
    I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    My tom tom adventurer only last 1 hour when i use music and gps, isnt it normal then?, i bought it a year ago.