Cannot login in TomTom GO for iPhone — TomTom Community

Cannot login in TomTom GO for iPhone

deleeuwdeleeuw Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm getting pretty fed up with this TomTom GO app. First I don't like being forced into a subscription based service. But alas. But since today I cannot use the live services anymore. No traffic info and camera's are shown. Cannot update my maps. My account is still working on the normal TomTom website, just cannot login from within the GO app. In a desperate move deleted the app on my iPhone and reinstalled. After starting the app it wants to download a map, which it also cannot, because of some Internet connectivity problem. However every other app has Internet connectivity working, and I can surf the Internet using Safari. Worthless app and increasingly worse service also. Time to check out alternatives likes Flitsmeister f.e.:thumbsdown_tone1:

Comments

• deleeuwdeleeuw Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    App started working again as of this morning 13-12-2018, was able to download map and login in to TomTom services.

So, what was the root cause?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    deleeuw wrote:
    deleeuw wrote:
    ...some Internet connectivity problem.
  • deleeuwdeleeuw Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    EthoZ wrote:
    deleeuw wrote:
    deleeuw wrote:
    ...some Internet connectivity problem.

Very helpful, and no, root cause was not some Internet connectivity on my iPhone, but apparently some issue on the TomTom servers.