Move data from my GO500 to the items SD-Card — TomTom Community

Move data from my GO500 to the items SD-Card

Hi
My GO500 have only 32MB space left. How can I move data from my unit to the SD-Card where are 32148MB free space?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,966 Superusers
    Hi
    @Silving

Now the Full Europe map is over 8GB
    MyDrive connect should offer you the choice to install the map onto the Micro SD Card

Run MyDrive connect
    On the MyDrive connect top of screen Info-bar... Click on 'MY CONTENT'
    Scroll down in 'MY MAPS'
    The Euro Map should have a green tab with a downward 'v' arrowhead
    Clck on the 'v' you should have the the option to install to the Memory card

(1)... As long as there is enough free space on the device
    The device will install the Map to the on-board memory

(2)... You can't split a Map across the on-board and the Micro SD memory

(3)... Subject to the first bulletpoint.... You can manage where to install the map....

9c344780-5c8d-4cb0-b72a-2389d2b666e6.png
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Thank you for your answer. I have done what You told me to do. But the green button gives me only the possibility to choose between different European maps. On all the others maps I can see that there is the SD option? When I choose Europe with Scandinavian whit buildings – the program tells me that the maps will be installed on my item.
    Brgds Torben

7513021f-d993-4ea7-ba58-bbdc9304ac0c.jpg
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,366 Superuser
    Hi all

@Silving

Your device isn't a GO500 but a GO510, you have the maps of the world, which will help you to do what you want.
    - It isn't possible to move a map but only to download or delete it.
    - You can only choose the location of a map if you already have a map installed. The choice is possible only for the 2nd map.

If you want to do simple, choose the installation of the EU full map. Because of its size 8199 MB MyDrive Connect (MDC) will put it directly on the micro SD card.
    To open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Install Full Map With Buildings".

It's possible to force the installation of an EU map zone on the micro SD with MDC, I do it with my GO5100. For this you need to install a 2nd map on the device.
    I know it's a bit long and it seems complicated but it's easier to do than read.

1/ install a small map on the micro SD. I did it with Venezuela map, only 29MB, 1or 2 minutes to download.
    To open the submenu of the map in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose the location.

2/ Uninstall the EU map zone of the internal memory, open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "uninstall". Now that you have 2 maps you can do it, you have the choice in the submenu.

3/ To force the installation of the EU map zone on the micro SD it's necessary to cheat a little.
    - Go to EU map and open the submenu, choose "Install on the Device" (internal memory), not SD Card.
    - MDC finds that it can't install the EU full map and opens a window with 3 choices. Choose the 1st "Remove some unused content".
    - A new window. In the right part choose the tab "On your memory card".
    In the left part "On your Account" click under the EU map on the choice "Select a map with limited buildings", select the zone you want (Scandinavia) and click on "Continue".
    - In "On your Account" click on the EU zone to select it then on the arrow "install 1 item".
    - Now click on "Continue" then "Confirm" then "Agree and Install".
    Let's go!

4/ After, I advise you to install a small map on the internal memory, Venezuela or another. Your device will always be functional and you will always have the choice of the location of the maps.
    You can also ask TomTom customer service to add a small map to your device, for example the map of the Scandinavian countries which will be more useful for you than Venezuela.

Regards.
  • SF331SF331 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Great this worked fine, why couldn't TT tell me this when I phoned them!
  • PeterSharpePeterSharpe Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    I have now noticed an option to install a smaller map, which I have never seen before. The only proplem is that when it asks me where I most often drive, Great Britain doesn't even appear in the list! Has TomTom stopped producing Great Britain & Ireland maps? I would much rather get my old map back and reclaim the SD card for use elsewhere.

EDIT: I can see that TomTom does produce the map but having taken it away from me, now expects me to pay for it to get it back! The full Europe map may be great in theory, but I would much rather have it as an option and not as a permanent replacement for the one that was installed. And why isn't Great Britain even in the list of places where I most often drive? By the way, I'm most definitely no Brexiteer – I'd simply like my GB map back as one of the options.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    @PeterSharpe

Call support again about getting the smaller map for no charge:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Okay - will do.
    Follow info above about installing none GB map then uninstall GB map and is appears back in system for you to install again
  • SilvingSilving Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Laure123
    Thanks a lot. Your "detour" worked…. :)
    Brgds Torben
    SF331 wrote:
    Follow info above about installing none GB map then uninstall GB map and is appears back in system for you to install again
    I'm afraid the whole point is that the UK & Ireland map has disappeared off the face of the Earth. Also, the UK isn't even an option to select for where I do most of my driving.
    I thought that too but following the above I found, Europe, uk and Ireland 3d buildings that I had lost on the install screen
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,366 Superuser
    Hi all

@Silving

Glad for you that everything went well. :slight_smile:
  • valerimavalerima Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    guys, my device is go600. However after upgrade I lost all maps on main device, card is empty. Resetting does not help , too. How to...? Thank you in advance.