routes made on rider 550 can't be seen on mydrive, what am i doing wrong ? — TomTom Community

routes made on rider 550 can't be seen on mydrive, what am i doing wrong ?

HarmvanveghelHarmvanveghel Posts: 17 [Master Traveler]
edited January 29 in RIDER
Hello,
I made a route on my navigation device and saved it on the device (rider 550)
I want to make corrections on the route that is easier to do on mydrive site than on the device. But i cannot see the route on mydrive !! routes made with mydrive can be seen on the rider 550. But the other way around does not seem to work, am i doing something wrong ?

Hope somebody can help
Regards
Harm

Comments

• ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    To the best of my knowledge (i.e I haven't found a way), if you create a route (not a track) on the Rider, there is no way to get it off the device.

Use MyRouteApp to do all your route planning. The free version uses Open Street Map, subscription buys you Google Maps, TomTom and Garmin maps, plus other neat features.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi
    @ChrisHall

The MyRoute App uses the Tomtom MyDriveWeb Route planner in the transfer process, the MDW Route planner must be running in the background on the PC before a .GPX file syncs/transfers can take place

You can't sync/transfer a .ITN Route using the above method... For .ITN Routes use
    The the PC filing system and the Tomtom 'Easy route upload', Micro SD Card transfer or Bluetooth transfer

Hi
    @Harmvanveghel

Tomtom... 'Easy route upload'
    The Rider 4xx/5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 400 Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to and from the Rider 400 Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    You don't have to have to use the Micro SD Card as a transfer medium
    See…..
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/rider-400-tyre-pro-cant-find-the-device-1005439?postid=1096746

Transfer a .ITN or .GPX route file/s to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card...See.....https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-ability-to-add-waypoints-1007398?postid=1103601

Transferring a route to my PC using Bluetooth (Or a Micro SD Card)
    Tap (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes --> Share Tracks --> select the Recorded Route
    --> Tap Share --> Choose Memory card or Bluetooth --> Follow the on-screen prompts to completion.....

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

The OP wants to sync a route created on the Rider with TomTom MyDrive. This is not possible. There is no way to share, copy, move or anything else, a route created on the Rider as far as I know, based on all the research I've done.

The sync with My Drive works in one direction only - from MyDrive to the Rider NOT the other way around.

undefined ON]
    As I've said before on this forum, it is a physical property of this universe that a TomTom route created on the Rider 4xx (and 5xx??) cannot be shared. It would be like trying to travel faster than the speed of light, or reaching a temperature below absolute zero (0°Kelvin) or a solution pH of 20. There may well be other universes where it is possible, but not in this one.:thinking:
    Indeed a friend of mine tried to force a TomTom Rider 4xx to route share and his bike disappeared into a black hole!
    undefined ON]
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi
    @ChrisHall

Yes you're absolutely correct, route planning on the device produces a .ITN Route in the MyRoutes folder on the device (Solid arrow symbol)
    I haven't managed to plan a .GPX (Track/Route) by planning a route on the device

The methods in my post work for a exporting .GPX files from the device but unfortunately not a ,ITN file... But an .ITN & .GPX file will load into the device using the methods in my post

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I often make route on the rider 550 and woulk like to finetune them in mydrive, shame that it is not possible, hopefully in the future.
  • JamestarbardJamestarbard Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    i am trying to the same thing the more i use anything tomtom the more i don't like it
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    By far the best and easiest method is to plan your route using Myroute-App on your iPhone or Android Phone or tablet and transfer it to the Rider.

Android can be done by Bluetooth (not 550) or microSD card
    iPhone microSD card (not bluetooth)