TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Adding English Computer voices

DaniulDaniul Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Greetings to all in the community. I am new to this forum. Just bought TOMTOM GO 6200 in Switzerland. I have following two issues and needs help please:
  1. Voice command- it does not work if i choose to have English as the display language
  2. Street name said aloud- it does not read the street name aloud because it does not have E
  3. English computer voice.
I saw VikramK has been helping other to get English computer voices. Grateful for help on this as well as if possible for the voice command.

Many thanks

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,102 Superusers
    Call support to have an English computer voice added to your account to download by WiFi (unless a moderator sees your post and adds it himself):

:flag_ch: Suisse (Switzerland)
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,833 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Daniul,

Welcome to the Community!

I've added the Serena and Malcolm voices on your account. You'll be able to download them when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Cheers, lampard
  • DaniulDaniul Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi lampard,

Greetings. Thank you so much for this help. I am downloading the voices onto my device. Hope this will work. Will let you know. Thanks again
    Hi dhn,

Many thanks for the information and suggestion to contact the suisse customer service. I did call them and a lady there told me that she would send me the link. She told me that they had with them both US and UK computer voices. I am yet to receive the link. Guess that they might have found that I am already downloading the UK voices. Will follow up with them again on this. Will also post an update on this as to if i can have the US and UK together. Thanks again.
    Hi lampard,

I have now fully downloaded the computer voices that you added. It is up and running now. Thanks again.
  • danny rdanny r Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there, new to the forum. Apologies if this is the wrong place, but could someone please add the uk voices to my account as well? I am in Germany, have no idea what number to call and need this sorted by Saturday (2 days left) when we'll travel back to the Uk.

Also, does the voice control work once the Uk voices are on the device (6200)?

Thank you very much :)
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,102 Superusers
    Support (agents speak English):

:flag_de: Deutschland
    069 663 08 012
    Mo: 09:00 - 17:30
    Di - Fr: 09:00 - 16:30
  • danny rdanny r Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    cheers, dhn :)
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,492 Superuser
    @danny r

Or maybe @VikramK might pick it up before you call ;)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,833 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @danny r

I've added the Serena and Malcolm voices on your account. You'll be able to download them when the device is connected to a WiFi connection.

Cheers, lampard
  • big_andybig_andy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear TomTom Support,

could you please also add Serena and Malcolm English Computervoices to my TomTom 6200? Thank you very much.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,045 TomTom Moderator
    Hi big_andy

Both voices added to your account.

Please download them when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • swfcowlsswfcowls Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    How about allowing the 6200 WiFi to add voices created for the XXL. I want my voice back, but can't see anyway of doing this, as the MyDrive PC software does virtually nothing. I wanted to add the custom Splash pictures for Start-Up and Shutdown that I created for the XXL, but again no way to do it. Also, how does you access the battery level when you're not travelling a route, as I can't find anything on the GO 6200 WiFi that will give the battery status at any given point and considering it's got a useless 1 hr charge hold, it's something to keep an eye on.

Anyone with some advice, then let me know and if it's useful and works, nothing personal of course, then i will be eternally grateful.
    @swfcowls

The analyst who designed these new NAV4/5 devices did not think that the user needed much in the way of personalisation, so we are stuck with their limited design :(

With regard to battery level, are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then sleeps.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep sleeping?

Also see this thread https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/how-can-i-check-the-battery-level-in-my-go-600-1028897?postid=1193133
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Killjoys then.

Not even tried it in the car yet, just sorting everything out on my PC, with charging and updates being done using a 2.1A charger socket.

When I first switched the GO 6200 on, it asked about power being lost to either "Sleep" or "Turn Off". I chose sleep, but now can't see where I can change that option. Probably missing a menu item that tells me the options, so i'll keep looking.

I'm just hoping, as the unit won't allow me to connect using MyDrive on my phone, Samsung J5, the fact it has done a Bluetooth connection, I will be able to connect the tomtom to my in-car system, Navi 900 IntelliLink, so that I can still answer calls via the car controls. Doesn't seem to want to give the option to read incoming texts, which is disappointing as it only says something along the lines of being unable to perform or connect for Read Aloud Texts.

This isn't what I was expecting, having had a superb XXL device that they no longer support, so forced to upgrade to the latest GO 6200 Wi-Fi.
    @swfcowls

To get the full 'Speak and Go' features you need to be using either of the computer voices "Serena" or "Malcolm".

Here is a link to the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf
    That explains that feature, as I had Jane selected because she sound more real.

Don't have Malcolm, so any chance of getting this added to my account by some nice kind person ?

Just wish I could get my phone's MyDrive app to connect. I have a Bluetooth connection with the 6200, but according to the phone app, I haven't and when I select to scan the QR code, I just get "An Error Occurred. Please try again later", but that makes no difference. I know the QR app works, so don't have a clue on what to do.

I really appreciate the help you have given so far @Niall .
    @Niall now I am confused. According to the tomtom website, the GO 6200 in any form, isn't compatible with the MyDrive android application. Either that's fundamentally wrong or the page is out of date. It would explain why my Samsung J5 is able to complete the MyDrive connection process, but doesn't explain why i have a Bluetooth connection.
    Should say "isn't able to connect"
  • Abdul83Abdul83 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I was a TomTom user for few years until I changed into Garmin. However, only one reason pushed me back to the new version of TomTom (GO 6200) which is the "rerouting and change of route calculation" which is way faster in TomTom. However, I was a bit confused not to find the English Computer Voice of Serena which reads the street names. I tried to update the device, but in vain. So, I googled it to get shocked that it's the case for all Go 6200! If I need it, I must contact the manufacturer, Really!!! Why!!! Now, how can one add English Computer Voice, I still don’t know, so any one to help!

P.S.: Today is my first day of using the device and I missed one vital option. Well by time I will know if returning to TomTom is a mistake.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,011 Superusers
    Hi
    @Abdul83

The installed Computer Voice is base on the country where the device was purchased
    Contact Tomtom Support Monday and have "Serena" or "Malcolm" added to your Account

:flag_de:Deutschland
    069 6680 0915
    Mo: 09:00 - 17:30
    Di - Fr: 09:00 - 16:30

Sometimes the Moderators will pick up the request and add the voices to your Account

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Added the Serena and Malcolm voices on your account. You'll be able to download them when the device is connected to a WiFi connection.

Cheers, lampard
  • DAH25DAH25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Lampard,
    Could you please add the Serena and Malcolm voices to my account? I would like to use the voice control and hear the street names spoken.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    DAH
  • CatNipCatNip Posts: 479 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi Daniul,

I've added the Serena and Malcolm voices on your account. You'll be able to download them when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Cheers, lampard
    I've just caught up with this.

Ages ago now, the Malcom voice was introduced and I tried installing it on my NAV3 Start 25. It didn't work. Contact with TomTom support led to the information that this would be sorted out eventually.

Has it? Will the Malcom voice now work on NAV3 devices? If not, why not? :thinking:

Thanks for your help.
  • DAH25DAH25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,

I do not see that I have any available updates when I connect to WIFI. Could you please confirm that the new voices are available?

Thank you and best regards,
    DAH25