What type of TomTom Via do I have? — TomTom Community

What type of TomTom Via do I have?

My neighbour gave me their TomTom product to use during a long trip coming up but the info book with it says "tom tom via series" but not which exact type it is. I also went onto the page where you can figure out your product from the list of characters at the beginning of the serial number but the serial number for my product wasn't on the list. the SN is APxxxxAxxxxx. Is this product just too old to update the maps for my trip? The copyright date in the info booklet says 2011 so I'm thinking it might be. Thanks for any answers.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    This device was not sold in Australia.

Europe
    "AP">Your device is a TomTom Start 20 with 4GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect. Your device is fully supported through phone and email. You can also get help through our user forum and FAQs.

North America
    "AP">Your device is a TomTom VIA 1400 / 1405 with 4GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect. Your device is fully supported through phone and email. You can also get help through our user forum and FAQs.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/
  • Kat18Kat18 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    They didn't tell me this! But I've managed to solve it with a customer service rep over the phone, thanks for your response.
  • Kat18Kat18 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Oh and sorry about posting the full SN on the forum, silly mistake!