TomTom pulling out South Africa — TomTom Community

TomTom pulling out South Africa

GunikyleGunikyle Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited January 31 in Travel lounge
Does anyone know if Tomtom is pulling out of South Africa. I have noticed that a number of places are no longer selling Tomtom and i was informed by Sportmans Warehouse that they are no longer selling Tomtom as they pulling out the country. If this is true i will be very sad as i have add a few and so have my family they are amazing watches.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,170 Superusers
    Tomtom has gotten out of the watch business. That is why you may no longer be seeing them. You can clarify with support:

:flag_za: South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 18:30
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    TomTom left the wearables business last year and is currently just selling out its remaining stock. The watches will continue to be supported in maintenance mode but there is no development occurring. They are what they are now and will not change go forward.
  • LindoLindo Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Oh dear. What does that mean for customers who have bought a device to use for Discovery vitality? Will the agreement still be active with Discovery?
    Lindo wrote:
    Oh dear. What does that mean for customers who have bought a device to use for Discovery vitality? Will the agreement still be active with Discovery?
    I bought a new TomTom watch 1 week ago, will it be better for me to rather return it and get a full refund?
    Lindo wrote:
    Lindo wrote:
    I bought a new TomTom watch 1 week ago, will it be better for me to rather return it and get a full refund?
    I would recommend that. Right now you have a watch that will never be updated and will eventually be unsupported. You are better off returning it and going with a brand that is active in the industry. Garmin is your best bet.
    Lindo wrote:
    The watches still work fine and MySports continues to be supported, they are just no longer being updated. I would expect at some point in the future MySports will be shut down but that is likely many years off.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Lindo wrote:
    Lindo wrote:
    I would recommend that. Right now you have a watch that will never be updated and will eventually be unsupported. You are better off returning it and going with a brand that is active in the industry. Garmin is your best bet.
    I'm definitely requesting a refund. It's too risky for the amount you pay for these devices.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Lindo wrote:
    The watches still work fine and MySports continues to be supported, they are just no longer being updated. I would expect at some point in the future MySports will be shut down but that is likely many years off.
    The sad thing is I'm actually happy with TomTom, and the MySports app. But I can't take a chance when there are no clear dates. At this rate, TomTom could make an announcement tomorrow then I'm stuck with a device I can't return, or use and money down the drain. I'm not keen for that.