Changing a track to a route on Via 1525TM — TomTom Community

Changing a track to a route on Via 1525TM

Can a track be changed into a route on my GPS? When planning a route using the route planner, I had 3 different tracks and wanted to use the middle one. When I put in the street address where I was going it was not the one I wanted. How can I change this?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,864 Superusers
    Hi
    @sdumontsr

Just add a stop to the required route before you save & sync the track
    More stops may be needed if you want to force the track to follow a particular route

ATB YFM
  • sdumontsrsdumontsr Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @sdumontsr

Just add a stop to the required route before you save & sync the track
    More stops may be needed if you want to force the track to follow a particular route

ATB YFM
    And how do you create a stop to a track? Sorry new to this.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    sdumontsr wrote:
    Can a track be changed into a route on my GPS?
    No, it can not.
    Hi
    @sdumontsr
    sdumontsr wrote:
    Can a track be changed into a route on my GPS? When planning a route using the route planner, I had 3 different tracks and wanted to use the middle one. When I put in the street address where I was going it was not the one I wanted. How can I change this?
    Am I reading this wrong ??? I read your post as... The MyDrive Web Route planner offers me three journey options, you don't want the highlighted blue route (Fastest) you want one of the other two offered routes
    but when you send your route to the device it wasn't the route you wanted

ATB YFM
    The track stays the same when I sent it to my Via 1525TM, but I wanted to change the track to the route so I got turn by turn instructions, as the track doesn't do that. I couldn't figure out how to force the GPS to follow this route. Same thing on the return trip, but we followed the printed out written instructions. It kept wanting to send us to I-95 in Florida and we wanted to follow Route 301 North. Also how can I get the 1535 TM to do an alternate route? Maybe that's what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,254 Superusers
    @sdumontsr

Once a route is created on the device:

Tap the driving screen-->Change Route-->Calculate alternative.
    Thanks, I will have to give that a try and see what happens.
    Hi
    @sdumontsr
    sdumontsr wrote:
    The track stays the same when I sent it to my Via 1525TM, but I wanted to change the track to the route so I got turn by turn instructions, as the track doesn't do that
    Just Planned & Synced a Track using the MDW Route planner then run a Track Preview/Demo on my GO 6200... The turn by turn instructions are spoken as normal

Check...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any of the Sound Icons slashed though or is the Volume slider set to the left ???

5130f802-cf0f-41dd-a4b1-6a100fe68c3f.jpg
    ATB YFM
    So I played around with my Via 1525 TM this morning. I touched the screen and nothing happened after I planned a route. If I touch the top arrow then it gives me turn by turn directions, nothing to change to alternate route. Then I wanted to cancel the route and found no way to do that. My Via 1535 TM was better than this one. At least it did these two things. Ba hum bug.. If I hit the menu button there is nothing in there to do either of these two things.
    Hi
    @sdumontsr

The Via 1525 is a NAV4 Device
    To access the Setting menu... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen bottom left

To change to an alternate route....
    (1)... Plan a route
    (2)... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tap Current Route --> Find Alternative... The device will offer three alternate routes... Select as required

To Clear present route....
    (1)... With a route planned
    (2)... Tap 4Dot (....) --> Tap Current Route... Tap Clear route

ATB YFM
    Thanks again, I ended up calling TomTom support and he walked me through it as I had it hooked up to my pc. Everything is good now. Great work that this community does. He has sent me the correct manual for the Via. I kept getting the old ones online.