2»

Comments

• MrMMrM Posts: 156 [Revered Navigator]
    Nice!
  • MrMMrM Posts: 156 [Revered Navigator]
    Thanks!
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Just had an update from Oscar at TomTom:-

"I have escalated the case to the senior technical team to check about the issue of route re-appearance on your device even though they are deleted from the MyDrive. I'll update you as soon as I hear from them."
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,736
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Daniel Fornies Soria

Thank you
    Looking forward to seeing the GPX updates

ATB YFM
    Apparently, the only way that TomTom could sort out the problem of the persistent routes was for me to create a new account and for them to link it to my device. Fortunately, most of my POI's were saved on my PC, so I haven't lost too much data.
    Here's an interesting twist to this. I tried an experiment by creating a test route from Home to a location in Redditch using ITN converter. I couldn't find a .gpx export for TomTom, so I used Garmin instead. Then I went to MyDrive, imported the .gpx file and saved it for syncing to my GO 6200. The route subsequently appeared as a track on my sat nav as expected. However, when I deleted the test route from within MyDrive I noticed a strange phenomenon - clicking on Home in MyDrive no longer displayed my home location on the map but rather, it showed the test route I had just deleted. I tried logging out and back in to MyDrive but same thing. Only by deleting my home location and recreating it was I able to restore things to normal. I wonder if this gives any clues as to what is happening with the MyRoute-app routes not being deleted? Either way, it seems that something strange is going on.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 657 [Revered Pioneer]
    Syncing routes from MyRouteApp worked fine until TomTom added the “Sync this Route as track with my device” slider in MyDrive.

Before this change the routes where always synced to your device. MyRouteApp synced routes where also visible and could be deleted with MyDrive.

After adding the “Sync this Route as track with my device” slider in MyDrive tracks added with MyRouteApp are not visible anymore in MyDrive. And when you delete the track on your device it is not deleted in the Cloud.

So I think there is a problem with the API used by MyRouteApp. Maybe there is a bug ore a newer version ore MyRouteApp doesn’t use the API as they should.
  • RoadRider wrote:
    Syncing routes from MyRouteApp worked fine until TomTom added the “Sync this Route as track with my device” slider in MyDrive.

Before this change the routes where always synced to your device. MyRouteApp synced routes where also visible and could be deleted with MyDrive.

After adding the “Sync this Route as track with my device” slider in MyDrive tracks added with MyRouteApp are not visible anymore in MyDrive. And when you delete the track on your device it is not deleted in the Cloud.

So I think there is a problem with the API used by MyRouteApp. Maybe there is a bug ore a newer version ore MyRouteApp doesn’t use the API as they should.

Indeed, most probably MyRouteApp is using old APIs for this.
    We will investigate to do some backwards-compatibility by auto-importing the orphaned tracks into the MyDrive cloud.
    We'll keep you posted on this!
    I am trying to find the MyDrive API for uploading tracks to Mydrive but can’t find in in TomTom’s developers’ portal.

I can find a lot of other API’s like;
    Search API Routing API Maps API Traffic API Traffic Flow API Traffic Incidents API Maps API Routing API Search API NavKit SDK
    NavApp SDK Map Library SDK Advanced Weather API

I want to find out if I can make a little program to upload tracks to several MyDrive accounts in just one step.

@danielforniestomtom do you know where I can find MyDrive API and its documentation?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @RoadRider

If all of your NAV4/5 (Wi-fi) devices are registered using the Same Email address & Password.... The MyDrive Web Route planner will already do what you are trying to achieve... The Data will sync across all of the devices

The MyDrive Web Route planner...
    Here https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Important be aware...
    If both units are likely to be in operation at the same time
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/three-go-600-s-and-mydrive-sync-1026193/index1.html#post1180163

ATB YFM
    Hi @YanFazMan

Multiple Riders on the same account used to work up to Firmware V18.200.

After Firmware V18.200 opening a Track starts with the Question Ride to... Nearest Point or Starting Point.
    When you choose one of this options all other Riders get a You Received a new Destination and there selected route route is replaced with a route to the Track. And guess what happens if you reload the route on one of the other Riders ;)

Also my friends like there own account but also ask me to put the new route on there device.

So this is not an option for me. And finding a way to automate some steps in MyDrive is fun to.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @RoadRider

Ahh I see... Syncing a Route/Track to friend/s on a Ride-out
    That would be a useful tool, now the Rider 5xx Range has lost the previous Rider 4xx Bluetooth Route/Track transfer

ATB YFM
  • RoadRider wrote:
    I am trying to find the MyDrive API for uploading tracks to Mydrive but can’t find in in TomTom’s developers’ portal.

I can find a lot of other API’s like;
    Search API Routing API Maps API Traffic API Traffic Flow API Traffic Incidents API Maps API Routing API Search API NavKit SDK
    NavApp SDK Map Library SDK Advanced Weather API

I want to find out if I can make a little program to upload tracks to several MyDrive accounts in just one step.

@danielforniestomtom do you know where I can find MyDrive API and its documentation?

We have documentation for those APIs, but we think they aren't in a mature-enough state as to be opened to 3rd party developers. They are used internally by many clients within TomTom though.
    You can find the existing documentation here if you're curious, though:
    https://api.mydrive.tomtom.com/gor-webapp/

However, the means for authentication aren't documented there yet, although we use pretty much the same system you'd have for the APIs MyRouteApp uses.

That said, our next back-end release, which is coming shortly (next week most probably), will automatically sync-back those now-hidden tracks, as soon as you see them via MyDrive.
    TNX Daniel

I did some test with the MyDrive REST API. Sadly I was not able to figure out the authorization process.

Because you must upload a route on behave of a user it’s not possible to use just an API key. So I think I should use a similar OAuth2.0 method as used with MySports to enable on behave of access.

But I am not authorized for this documentation. So I think is better to wait for the updated API.
  • Dear all,
    We added backwards-compatibility in MyDrive for tracks saved via other clients such as MyRoute-app. Now, they should appear in My Routes in MyDrive, where you can see some extra info on top (estimated distance, duration, etc) and be able to re-edit them.
    If any issues, please let us know.
    Cheers!
    MyDrive Team.
    It works now TNX Daniel,

I logged in to Mydrive (Beta) and was able to see my old hidden tracks.
    Also I was able to delete ore use them.
  • Dutch-RiderDutch-Rider Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    It was a while ago i react in this topic but i did notice the changes in Mydrive before i read this topic.

I'm thankfull for the changes.

@danielforniestomtom :
    You mentiod MyRoute probably uses an old API. Is it possible for you (TomTom) to contact Myroute and exchange some thoughts about how to use the api in the best/proper manner.