TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Connecting to TomTom Home for Backing up

I can connect to MyDrive easily but not to TomTom Home. My device is not recognized. I have done everything, restarted, in devices, under network adapters deleted the unknown device title. Any ideas? Any other way to backup your map?

Thank you

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Bublik wrote:
    I can connect to MyDrive easily but not to TomTom Home. My device is not recognized.
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/related/1
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,217 Superuser
    Hi @Bublik

If your device is a VIA 135 TomTom Home software isn't intended for your device. You must use the software MyDrive Connect (MDC).

I read your previous topic. So you have checked that your device is not EOL. I guess you never updated it. With MDC you can't save your map to your computer. Your map is linked to your TomTom user account and saved only on TomTom servers.

Look at this FAQ:
    A tip, doesn't do all the updates at the same time. The NavCore (internal device software) first and alone. For this uncheck the other updates. Then the map alone, etc...

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/2792

If needed contact TomTom support for more help:
    :flag_hu: Magyarország (Hungary)
    0036 177 792 27
    hétfő-péntek: 09:00-17:00

Regards.
  • BublikBublik Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Dear Laurie,

Thank you very much. This is a major step forward. It means that I would buy a map using the MyDrive Connect not TomTOm Home?

Hungary would not work for me but I guess there is a U.K number as well. Many thanks, Peter
    @Bublik

I advise you to make a point off your device and its possibilities before any map purchase with the TomTom customer service, for UK:
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

You will need your full serial number. On your device I think you'll find it near where you connect the cable, a white label. The first 2 letters give the type of your device. The full number will let the customer service know if you are entitled to free upgrades or not, or if you need (or can) buy a map.

MyDrive connect gives a link to the map purchase but it also exists directly on the TomTom website. You need the first 2 letters of the serial number to check if the map is compatible with your device.

The maps are expensive, ask the customer service, very politely and kindly if you can have a discount code. To see also if a new device in promotion would not be more interesting in the time.

Before any purchase make a point with customer service, I think it will be better for you and your credit card. :slight_smile:

Regards.
    Dear Laure 123, thank you so much for you wonderful idea. I did contact customer service at the Hungary number. SUper, English speaking staff from India. THey gave me a life time update for this map. I am suuuuuper happy.

I am not sure what you meant by: "I advise you to make a point off your device and its possibilities before any map purchase with the TomTom customer service, for UK:"
    @Bublik

I am glad for you. :slight_smile:

For my first line, English isn't my native language, I'm French. I apologize if I incorrectly wrote my thought. :slight_frown:

I meant: call customer service before you buy, to check what your device was entitled to. Especially if it was entitled to the lifetime update for map. Apparently yes, if I understood correctly. :slight_smile:

Regards.
    Thank you again. No, I was not entitled to just they were super nice!! I am sure Santa made a phone call on my behalf. :)