Watch wont sync to app and needs to be repaired constantly for it to work — TomTom Community

Watch wont sync to app and needs to be repaired constantly for it to work

MG1981MG1981 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
wondering if anyone can help? I recently purchased a new phone and set about pairing it to the watch/app. All was well and everything showed up to date with the data syncing automatically until after about 20 mins where it 'unconnected' in the app (still showing as connected on watch) and now will not sync unless I unpair the watch and then repair it again. on the app screen is shows as 'waiting for watch', I wake the watch and it shows as connected but no syncing happens and when I go into more details, it then states 'unconnected'.

The watch/app were syncing fine until a few days ago but Im finding it very frustrating that something that should be so simple is turning out to be a nightmare! I really dont want to have 'unpair' and 'repair' my watch/app each time I want it to sync.

can someone advise if there is something that I need to do (which I havent completed yet) or if anyone else is having the same issues?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 11,000
    Superuser
    @MG1981

TomTom have just released this FAQ video
    [video]
  • MG1981MG1981 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks Niall for the video but I have completed that...infact I need to complete it each time I want my watch/app to sync which is my issue.

I should need to 'unpair' and then 'pair' the watch each time I want to see my activities on the app - it defeats the purpose of the using the app/Bluetooth and means that I don't get to use the features such as 'phone notifications' because it will only remain connected for about half an hour before I need to start the cycle again.

Mhairi
  • NiallNiall Posts: 11,000
    Superuser
    @MG1981

Maybe a call to Customer Services on Monday to outline your problems!

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • KimbeeKimbee Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, spoke to customer services and they were so rude! Kept saying they can't guarantee the performance of Bluetooth on newer phones and that it must be the phones fault.

Sorry but Bluetooth is Bluetooth, it's clearly able to connect because its showing recent connections, but the app just won't sync the new data from my watch without having to do the reboot debacle every time.
  • Leotjay1202Leotjay1202 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My golf watch se2 wont update to phone it says update completed but when I go to look at my rounds its blank theres nothing showing