broken satnav- during the update it got diconnected from Tomtom webside — TomTom Community

broken satnav- during the update it got diconnected from Tomtom webside

I have a tomtom start 25 during the update it got diconnected from Tomtom webside, now when i try to start it it has the drums then goes to a screen with two spinning arrows for about 10 second then turns off.....I can not restart when I hold button longer...always the same...screen with two spinning arrows and than turns off !!!

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,601
    Superuser
    Hi @mickymouse

If you have a spinning cogwheel it's that your device is in Recovery Mode. there was a break during the update of the NavCore (internal software of the device), it failed. MyDrive Connect software must reinstall the NavCore.

look at and follow the instructions in this FAQ from point N°8:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898

If you need more help contact TomTom support:
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Regards.
  • mickymousemickymouse Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Laurete123,
    I have not spinning cogwheel on screen! There is small black gps in the middle of screen and inside are spinning two white arrows.
    My gps worked perfectly before update.
    Can you help me please.
    Jan
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,527
    Superusers
    Hi
    @mickymouse

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • mickymousemickymouse Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I tried restart 60 times... after 30 second of holding power button is on screen just small black gps picture and in the middle are spinning two white arrows. Spinning about 20 seconds than 20 seconds stop and screen is black/off

Any help from TomTom service team ?

This problem started when gps was disconnected from TOMTOM webside during updating. Reason of disconection was busy TomTom web( try later message)no my or internet connection fault!
    This is TomTom resposibility.

Thank you for help.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,601
    Superuser
    Hi all

@mickymouse

Soft Reset (Drum Reset) or Recovery Mode are the only two known solutions to troubleshoot our devices.

I don't know the screen you are describing but it seems that your Start25 can't find and use its NavCore. You have to make a point with the customer service before attempting anything. Sorry.

You are on a user forum, to get help from TomTom service team you need to contact TomTom support directly. And considering your problem that's what I advise you.

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Regards.