Relpacement via 52 asking for traffic subscription — TomTom Community

Relpacement via 52 asking for traffic subscription

BettsBetts Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi all, I have had a via 52 for over a year but had a fault develop and under a guarantee had it replaced like for like (well almost the new now comes with a case), I have connected it to my account etc the only issue I am having is under services it says that traffic expires soon. The last one had lifetime updates and this one also says lifetime tomtom traffic on the box.

So how do I get the life time subscription?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,542 Superuser
    @Betts

You will need to give Customer Services a kick up the backside for not transferring your subscriptions to your replacement device ;)

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • BettsBetts Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks I will give them an email, not sure why it does not already come with lifetime though given it says its lifetime on the new box.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,542 Superuser
    @Betts @VikramK

If you are lucky a moderator will pick this up and add your subscriptions back, as an email will take several days to be actioned :(
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,991 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Betts

We have made certain changes in the back end and for these changes to take effect, please do the following:

• Perform a Factory Reset and Soft reset on the device.
    To avoid loosing favorites please do a back up using MyDrive web.

• Now test the services by pairing a phone and check the services.

• If the services are working, Connect the device to MyDrive This will then link the device and also activate the Lifetime maps.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • BettsBetts Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Great work Vikramk, this did the trick.

B :)